Sunday, May 17, 2009

Landon's 3rd Birthday - May 17 2009

I can't believe Landon is 3!!!!

Landon started his birthday on Thursday.  Greg made cookies and brought them to his school for the day's snack. Landon got a Birthday nametag and he said they sang Happy Birthday to him.

Thursday night we started making the cakes.  We had to make cakes for Landon's friend party and the family party.   We had planned to make a train cake, and then Landon decided that he wanted a digger white cake.   We ended up doing both.  Greg made the cakes themselves, and I decorated them.   For the digger cake we made a 9x13 yellow cake from scratch, covered it in hand made chocolate icing, added a yellow construction ring around the cake, made a large green 3 and put a toy digger and dirt (crushed oreos that Landon and Greg made).   For the train cake we bought a 3D cake mold.  We ended up cooking 2 cakes in it because the first one didn't cook all the way and was ruined.     So we baked the 2nd cake in this mold and made 2 chocolate cakes in bread pans.   I made 1 chocolate cake into a tender and 1 into a station.   I spent probably about 5-6 hours decorating the train and tendor.    It was fun but a lot of work.  Saturday night I needed to finish the front of the train.  Landon wanted it to be Gordon and the face was really the most important part.  The train was on the table and Greg and I were doing different things.  Lady (the dog) decided to get up on the table and try the cake.  When I saw it I just screamed.   She had licked the icing off the front of it, but we were very lucky that she hadn't taken a large bite out of the cake or licked the entire thing.   I repaired the icing and did the face.   I didn't do a perfect Gordon, but Landon was happy with it and that's what's most important.  I was showing him the pictures on the computer that  I was using as reference.  He learned how to make the computer screen saver go off - he did this a lot during the weekend to make sure Gordon was up.   In the back of the steam engine there is a red box.  The picture is actually a square, but mine ended up being a rectangle.  Landon pointed out this difference to me.  Luckily he wasn't quite as picky about the face : )

Here are some pictures of the cake making:  click here

Sunday we had 2 parties for Landon.   We had a party at Boomerang (a bounce house in Plano) with his friend.  We had several friends from his school, several friends from the TI moms group, and some other friends.  I think everyone had a good time, and we got to see the new babies of several of the TI moms.  

That night we had a family party.  Greg cooked out hamburgers (which were really good), and Landon got to open presents.   Landon got several fun games, books, and Thomas the Train additions.  He was so excited about the Thomas the Train stuff that when we brought his big present out ( a new bike) he barely looked at it.   This was ok because he had ridden it at the store 2 days before, and I knew that he would have fun with the bike.

Here are pictures from the friend party at Boomerang in Plano:  click here
Here are pictures from the family party that night:  click here

Landon on May 14th with his AppleCreek school shirt and Happy Birthday nametag



Kasey and Landon the morning of Landon's Birthday - May 17




No comments:

Post a Comment