Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Playing at the Pool and Baby in Mommy's tummy

On Sunday (6/22) Landon and I went to the neighborhood pool for the first time. Landon enjoyed walking on the steps of the big pool and in the baby pool. He saw the other kids doing things on their own so he didn't really want me to hold onto him, but I stayed close. He did go under once, but didn't get to upset. He did want to take his sunglasses off after going under though.

Yesterday I had my monthly OB visit, and everything was fine. The baby's heartbeat was in the 150s and 160s which is good. She said the baby was moving a lot. I'm feeling the baby move more and more. We took Landon with us to the doctors appointment, and he got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I started telling him more that Mommy has a baby in her tummy. He kept saying that Mommy has baby in tummy. Then he asked if Landon and Daddy have babies in their tummies. I told him he was going to be a big brother. A little later he patted himself and said me big brother. It was cute.

We also found out that the midwife I've been seeing and who delivered Landon has left the practice in Frisco. I'm trying to see if I can find where she went.

Last night Greg, Landon and I sat around the house singing nursery rhymes. We had a good time laughing and doing hokey pokey and ring around the roses, and some of the songs we've learned in Gymboree.

We went for a walk tonight and Landon was trying to push Daddy. So Greg was running backwards and Landon was running after him. It was funny until Landon fell and skinned his knees.