Thursday, June 26, 2008

Busy Day

We had a busy day today. I had to start working at 7am this morning (from home). Greg, Landon and I went to Grammy and Gramps house for lunch because some of their friends were visiting that none of us had seen for a long time. Susan and Richard Simonson were friends with my parents when I was little. Their boys were born 9 months before me and 9 months after me. It was fun to see them and catch up.


With the TI mom's group I've put together a playdate in Allen. We are going to meet at different parks on Thursday evenings and let the kids play and the parents talk. We had a good time tonight, and the kids seem to enjoy playing together. We all got to see several turtles, 2 ducks and some fish. Some of the kids there were older and able to jump more, and so of course Landon tried doing the same things the older kids did.

Landon seems to being doing more for himself. He's getting better at taking his clothes on and off. He can take his shoes off pretty well, and is trying to put them on some too. Last week he started trying to wash his hands himself at home. He put his step stool in the 1/2 bathroom downstairs where he could reach the water. He turns on the water, sort of washes his hands, turns off the water, and he'll dry off his hands.

We usually brush Landon's teeth for him, but we wet the toothbrush first. Tonight he wanted to do it so he turned on the water, wet the toothbrush, turned off the water and brushed his teeth. I helped out to make sure we got all of the teeth, but he did good.

I'm not sure I said it before, but Sunday I tried to put on my regular pants and they wouldn't fit. So, we'll say I officially started wearing maternity clothes on Wednesday June 18th (about 4 months in). With Landon I started wearing maternity clothes at 4 1/2 months. They say everything happens sooner and faster the second time so I actually expected to start wearing maternity clothes sooner. I might have found my midwife, and hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.