Monday was an interesting day. I've been pretty used to getting up early in the morning to feed Kasey, but then I can usually sleep at least until 8ish to get some extra sleep. That probably won't work very well going back to work. Here's how the first day went.
Kasey got up at 4:45am that morning. I fed her and got her back to bed in about an hour. I got dressed and went to 6am aerobics class which felt good. I came home and showered. Kasey woke up pretty soon after I got home, but I was able to shower and get ready before feeding her. I was able to eat breakfast, pump, and then get out the door a little after 8:45am. I had to run by Landon's school on the way to work, but got to work about 9:30am.
Landon was great. Before Kasey was born he would often get upset when I would leave for work, and so it was easier on Greg if I was gone before he got up. Monday he was up before I left, and when I was going out the door he gave me a big hug and kiss. He told me that when it gets dark I would be home, and that I was coming back. I assured him I would be back. It helped a lot that he was so sweet and not upset. He wanted to see me leave and watched at the garage door as I backed out. Kasey seemed to be ok, and I knew she was in good hands.
Mondays Greg works as well so the kids were at Grandma's (Greg's mom).
I worked until about 2:30, and then went to Greg's parents house. Landon seemed to be doing fine, but when Kasey saw me she gave me a look like where have you been all day. I won't forget that look. I know that she had been cared for, and she seemed to eat ok. She hadn't slept much, and we're all adjusting to the new schedule.
At about 5pm I was pretty tired from being up since 4:45am, but I think the day went pretty well.