the last weekend in January we had a social for Landon's school class. I scheduled for the kids to tour the local firestation. The kids got to climb in an ambulance and the fire truck. They had Greg dress up in the fireman's uniform (he's not sure how they do it in the summer. After the tour we all had lunch at a local burger place. The kids seemed to have a good time.
Feb 2nd I started back at work part time.

Landon sitting in the fire truck

Getting to see the fire hose

Inside the Ambulance

Greg in fireman gear
The first weekend in Feb we took Kasey down to Conroe to meet my mom's family. On the way down she slept for a couple hours, and when she woke up we all ate lunch. Kasey did pretty well meeting lots of new people. When she was full and not tired she had fun smiling and talking to everyone. She really seemed to be interacting more than she had been. Saturday we has lunch with our friend Lisa, and then Greg, Lisa and Landon went to College Station to see A&M play Kansas State in basketball. This was Landon's first basketball game. Saturday night we had a big party for family to meet Kasey and to celebrate Grammy's birthday. Somehow the family got an Elvis impersonator to come to the party. Grammy was really surprised and excted since she's such a big Elvis fan. Everyone had fun dancing and listening to the music. Kasey was a bit fussy - probably from loud noises and to much stimulation. Because of that I didn't get to enjoy as much as I would have liked to but that's ok. Greg was the super filmer. He videod the 2 hour show and took a bunch of still shots. He's the man. Now he'll just have to figure out how to edit the video to getcopies to the family. We really enjoyed seeing everyone introducing them to our baby girl. After staying up late for two nights the kids slept well on the way home. Kasey slept the entire way. Landon woke up in Dallas but we made it home before he really had to go potty.

My Aunt Mary holding Kasey and cousin Marisela making her smile

Landon says this is Haley with Kasey

Cousins Cheri and Marisela entertaining Kasey

Greg and Landon at A&M Basketball game - 2/7/09


Elvis with the Ladies of the family

Even Kasey and I got to do a little dancing

Elvis and the boys - Greg was taking pictures and filming

More dancing

We had to get a picture of Elvis with the Elvis cake
Valentines weekend was pretty busy. Friday night (my last part time day) we went to Grammy and Gramps house to celebrat Grammy's BDay. When we got there Landon carried in flowers and told Grammy Happy Birthday. It was cute. Greg's mom bought a birthday elephant that sings the Happy Birthday tune and walks. Landon likes it a lot. He played the elephant several times and sang Happy Birthday to Grammy on his own. Of course when I got the camera out he didn't want to sing as much. We ordered in Uncle Julios (which is always good). Grammy asked for flan for dessert. I hear it was good, but I couldn't have any because of the dairy. Grammy gave us our Valentines. We got some picture frames that have all of the details from when the kids were born. We saw these at a craft show and really liked them.

Landon is a big help opening gifts

Grammy and Kasey


Gramps reading Landon a book

Landon showing Kasey the numbers

Greg and I had to go to a funeral that day. Our housekeepers son who had been helping clean the house for a couple years passed away of liver disease at the age of 30.
Saturday we went down the street to visit some new friends. They just moved in from California and have a cute little boy that's 2 months older than Landon. They found out today the are having a little girl in July which will be fun. The guys cooked out steak and chicken, and the made some garlic bread and a really good pasta salad. She was sweet to make a special version of the salad for me with no dairy. It's more difficult than it seems. fter dinner the boys decorated sugar cookies we had made.

Landon and Liam

decorating cookies
Sunday Greg and I went out for Valentine's Day at Fogo de Chao. The food was great and I got a little bit of wine. I even got some chocolat dessert.


Grammy and Gramps kept Landon and Kasey while Greg and I went on a date
Today I started back full time. I actually worked from home because we had a new house keeper come in. She seems very good, and she even helps do some of the landry (towels and sheets). Speaking of, its fresh sheet night & Kasey's sleeping so I should be in bed.
Overall kids are doing great. We've all had a little bit of runny noses, but hopefully its getting better. Kasey seems to be talking and interacting more. She's doing really well holding her head up (has been for a while). She seems to be eating a little bit less and sleeping more sometimes.
Landon loves playing with his trains. He's doing really well with potty training. He still wears a diaper at night, but once he gets his underwear on he does well. We often set a timer to keep all of focused.