West Columbia
We went to West Columbia for my Uncle Donald's funeral. We drove down on December 27th in time for the last hour of the viewing. The kids did well in the car. It was really good to get to see many family members that we don't get to see very often, but it was sad because his death was not expected. He went peacefully though which is always a blessing. This was the first time that most family members got to meet Kasey and most of them had not seen Landon in a long time.
I'm not sure Landon really understands, but when I told him that Uncle Donald had died and gone to heaven he told me that Oreo (Greg's parent's dog) had died and gone to heaven too.
I didn't take any pictures on the trip - obviously this is weird for me, but I just didn't feel that there were appropriate times for pictures. We'll have to try to get back more often.
I'm not sure Landon really understands, but when I told him that Uncle Donald had died and gone to heaven he told me that Oreo (Greg's parent's dog) had died and gone to heaven too.
I didn't take any pictures on the trip - obviously this is weird for me, but I just didn't feel that there were appropriate times for pictures. We'll have to try to get back more often.
Couple updates on the Kids
Kasey eating pieces of bread and biting off banana. Talking more - not really more words, but just babbling more. She is understanding more though. I can tell her to close a door and she will. I can tell her to put a toy or something into something else and she'll do it. She hasn't really picked up more signs, but will do milk and light sometimes. She's sort of done more a couple times, and at least seems to understand. Today she was trying to tell me that she had a dirty diaper. She was pulling at the gates to go upstairs and fussing and then finally touched her bottom like come on change me. We took Kasey outside to run around with Landon really for the first time since she's been walking well. She wasn't sure what to think of all the space to run around in. We turned Kasey's car seat around on December 30th so she's facing forward now in the car. She wasn't to sure about it, but has been able to sleep that way just fine. Kasey enjoys reading books on her own. Also recently she has also shown interest in coloring.
Landon is doing well. He's able to count to 30 or 40 now. He counted to 40 today pretty well on his own (we were counting the cherries from Hi Ho Cherry-o game- he wanted to make a cherry pie from all of the small cherries). With all of his Cars themed cars, I decided to see if he could start recognizing larger numbers. He does pretty good if he can figure out to read from left to right. He was able to tell me numbers like 86, 82, 95, 43.
The kids are starting to play together more. They will try to get toys out of boxes together, be silly together, laugh at each other in the car etc. At the same time Landon still doesn't want Kasey anywhere near his Cars toys or trains, but he insists on playing with her toys.
Landon is doing well. He's able to count to 30 or 40 now. He counted to 40 today pretty well on his own (we were counting the cherries from Hi Ho Cherry-o game- he wanted to make a cherry pie from all of the small cherries). With all of his Cars themed cars, I decided to see if he could start recognizing larger numbers. He does pretty good if he can figure out to read from left to right. He was able to tell me numbers like 86, 82, 95, 43.
The kids are starting to play together more. They will try to get toys out of boxes together, be silly together, laugh at each other in the car etc. At the same time Landon still doesn't want Kasey anywhere near his Cars toys or trains, but he insists on playing with her toys.
Kasey reading a book on their little couch. She enjoys getting on there.
Every once in a while Landon asks for me to take a picture of him, I don't turn him down.
Landon being silly
Brother and Sister
Landon was running in place and wanted me to take a picture. He does that alot saying watch this. One of his ways to get attention.
Wearing Christmas Antlers
Landon decided the Advent calendar was a good place to put his Cars toys :)
Cute picture I used for an art project Landon and I did
Trying to get the cute picture of them together
Not quite what I wanted, but still cute.
This was on Dec 22nd when we took Kasey outside to run around with Landon.
Landon smiling big out side
Kasey enjoying the backyard
New Years
We had a fun New Years. We had friends from down the street (the Turners) come over. We ordered in Uncle Julios which is always good. Landon and Liam tried watching Madagascar while the adults talked over it, but that didn't last to long. They really wanted to play. I pulled out Kasey's quilt for Peyton to play on and Kasey was very excited to play on it as well. I got Kasey to bed and Peyton fell asleep, and the boys were playing nicely putting together a picnic. This was a little unusual because they usually compete for things or want the same toy all the time. Anyway this gave the adults some time to play pictionary which was fun. I think the boys wanted to play with us, but we couldn't figure out how to have them play. When we finished the game it was about 10:45 so we got some champange, and the boys got some apple juice so we could watch the ball drop in New York. After that the Turners went home and we got Mr Landon into bed. Of course Landon wanted to watch the rest of Madagascar :)
Justin with Peyton and Kasey
Liam and Landon during the movie
Kasey in her cute dress from my friend Vicky
Liam and Landon later in the movie
Kasey and Peyton playing on the quilt
The boys working on this picnic
Oh my goodness, what a mess they made. At least they had fun. I think we have to many toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment