Saturday, May 17, 2008

Landon's Second Birthday

Since Landon really likes seeing buses, airplanes, cars etc we decided to make the theme of his party transportation. I found (after much looking) a tablecloth and a couple decorations for the theme that didn't have any character on them. Landon had been taking an art class, and in the class they did several paintings and colorings of transportation vehicles like buses, airplanes, trains and cars. This worked out perfect as we hung up Landon's art work around the house for everyone to see. He really likes showing everyone his art.

Greg and I stayed up working on the "bus" cake and other things til 1am Saturday morning. To keep with the theme we decided to do a bus cake, because Landon loves seeing buses when we are driving around. Greg and I decided to make it on our own. Greg made the cakes from scratch and researched how to do the icing. I made the icing and decorated the cake (except for the awesome smiley face on the back window that Greg did). Greg and I stayed up working on the "bus" cake and other things til 1am Saturday morning.

We got up Saturday and went to workout. I think both of us were a little tired, but Landon got to play with his friends at the Gym. One of the ladies that works in the kids room brings her 3 year old daughter and son (younger, but not sure his age), and Landon enjoys playing with them.

Then we came home and got ready and Landon, Greg and I went to lunch at Covinos. Landon got to have pizza so he was excited. After lunch Landon and I went to music class at Gymboree, and then Grammy and Gramps picked us up to take us back to the house. Grammy and Gramps got to play with Landon on one of his new Thomas the Train sets he got for his birthday. He really enjoyed it. Greg and I got everything ready for the party.

Everyone came over for the party about 1:30. We chatted and watched Landon running around eating popcorn and trying to keep it from Lady. Then we opened gifts which was fun. Landon got several cards that sing songs or say something which he really likes. Landon got some fun things from everyone including books, dvds, floating swimsuit, a big stuffed horse, Thomas the train set, and of course money. His big gifts from Mommy, Daddy, Grammy, Gramps, Grandma, Pops and Marisela, Gary, Haley and Ashlyn Hudgeons were a big play table with tons of Thomas the Train stuff and a little kitchen of his own. He really likes playing with both of them.

Landon's cousins Debby and Travis gave him a Thomas the train set with a Thomas that moves on it's own (vs Landon having to move it), and he loves this. He makes the Thomas that moves push as many of the other engines as it will push. It's cute to watch.

He loves the kitchen as well. I worried a little about getting a boy a kitchen, but he loves pretending to cook. He makes us things all the time now so it's a lot of fun. We have lots of clean up now with many little parts to everything, but he's doing pretty good to help.

By the time everyone was leaving the party, Landon was asking for a nap. He was really tired, but had a great time. Mommy needed a nap as well!