Monday, November 30, 2020

November 2020

 11/29 - Today Kasey and I put up both Christmas trees and other decorations.  We even got out Frosty and Santa/reindeer for outside.    So fun having decorations up in the house.


11/28 - Kasey's birthday.  It was going to be a rainy cold day so the kids decided not to go to the A&M game.  Greg and I got up and headed out between 9:30-10.  I went to tell Kasey happy birthday.   The day before we had given her gifts from us - she got a new ipad cover and ipad pen.  We also got her a turning 12 tshirt and black sweater that she liked.   

I had asked some of Kasey's friends to email a birthday wish to Kasey - some sent videos and some made cards. I put them in a shared album and shared it with Kasey on her birthday.  She thanked me for that.

Fredel brought Kasey a sweet gift and made her birthday cookie - her favorite cookie with icing.

11/26 - Today we had Thanksgiving with Greg's parents and sister.  Lots of good food again.   We have a few differences in dishes between the families.  My family prefers pecan or marshmallow sweet potatoes.  Greg's family prefers sweet potatoes with orange juice.    Kasey got to celebrate again.  This time she got to blow out the candle that Greg held.   She was very excited to get Robux.  She also got some paint pens, chicken nugget socks and some babysitter club books.    The kids also asked the conversation questions to this part of the family.  Fun!  Landon and Kasey also got new Christmas ornaments - Landon got AT-AT, Kasey got Minion.   

Since Kasey's birthday is end of November, she is against anything Christmas until December.   She even put in our calendar that I couldn't listen to Christmas music until Dec 1.   Luckily after getting her minion ornament, she was all about Christmas.

Overall great thanksgiving and  glad we got to spend a little time with family.

11/25 - To try and keep things safer, we split up Thanksgiving.  We had great dinner with Grammy and Gramps on Wednesday.   Good food and dessert.  Kasey and Landon asked some questions to everyone in the family from a conversation game I made for the Girl Scouts.    Separating Thanksgiving also meant that Kasey got to celebrate her birthday multiple times.   She wanted the candle in the turkey - well when you put a candle into a hot turkey the candle melts - oops.  She still enjoyed it.  She got to have pumpkin and key lime pie for her birthday.  Kasey loved her birthday presents - unicorn slippers, light up sign for her room (Greg instantly wrote beat the hell out of LSU), cute jewelry - K necklace, turtle ring, turning 12 bracelet

11/14 - I volunteered to help with the band who was going to competition.   We had 14 buses, all with the windows down.  We all got Chick fil a breakfast biscuits and water.  This was my first time volunteering for the band.  Seems like a good group, I'll likely get more involved next year.   The kids did well, they got all 1s - though when we announced that on the bus most of the kids didn't seem to know what that meant.   Overall it was fun.

11/11 - We got pictures of both Gramps and Pops in their military uniforms to be in the Veterans Day slide show.   Fun to see old pictures of them.  Kasey was a little surprised :)

11/4-5 - Our PTA president was leading to do a Turkey food drive in the community to benefit our local food drive.  Kasey and I plus another family spent a few hours at the school collecting food donations.    The next day we got together Girl Scout donations for teachers in Dallas near TI - we created 10 bags plus some extra snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment