Friday, July 31, 2020

July 2020

 7/23 - Kasey had a big day.  She got to do instrument selection and picked with the director clarinet.  I played the clarinet in middle school band and I think aunt cindy did as well.  Should be fun.   Greg also went to get her school supplies which is always fun, he even picked good colors.  She also got her earpods in - she has broken several wired headphones but uses them alot so we will see how these go.


7/5 - 7/12 - We drove to Orange Beach Alabama for a week at the beach.  Long drive, I even helped drive about 3 hours there and 4 hours home.   We were staying in a friend's condo right on the beach.  The night we got there we picked up pappa murphys for dinner, then took a walk on the beach.   That night there was a beautiful reflection of the moon on the ocean.  It reminded us of being on a cruise.  I had to share with Grammy and Gramps.   

We mainly hung out.  We went to the beach every day with a cooler, chairs, umbrellas and some boogie boards.   The kids snorkled a little but wasn't to much there.   One day we went to ride go carts - really cool place we got to ride on 3 different tracks and all had fun doing that.  That afternoon Greg and I went out to beach just the two of us with chairs, towels and a beer.   I got stung by a jelly fish - not fun, but went a way that night.  

We enjoyed good dinners, the kids even tried a few new things.  They really like strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas in Alabama.    Kasey gave each restaurant a rating.  They liked the first night at Cobalt.  Great food, good atmosphere and good drinks.  One night we went to Fishers which is higher end, wasn't the kids favorite - no daiquiris and no fried shrimp :)   Greg and I enjoyed it.  We also  went to a small place called Anchor - basically at a marina and outside.  The food was great, we had a few beers and listened to two brothers play live music.     We went to Cosmos one night which was also good - beer, good food outside covered seating with good social distancing.   The last night we went to Louisiana Lagniappe.  It was probably favorite for kids and I.  They had really good vieux carres and the kids liked their drinks a lot.  The food was really good - hushpuppies, grouper (mine had lobster on it), and served with twice baked potatoes.  The desserts were perfect for us, but we were so full we took them home.   We got to try 3 ice cream places - Sweet Cone Alabama was my favorite.

Friday night Greg and I joined Allora wine Zoom.  For lunch we ate stuff we had in the condo.   Overall it was a great trip.  It was nice to get away, be somewhere different, get to hear the ocean often and mostly social distance.   Elevators were the hardest part.

7/4 - We had dinner with Grandma and Pops, Spring Creek BBQ.  Yummy food and we finished the keylime pie.   They took Patch home with them because we were leaving early the next morning.  So weird being in the house without her.

7/3 - We had a yummy birthday/fathers day dinner for Greg and Gramps.   We had fajitas and margaitas from Chepas.  Grammy brought yummy pies - key lime, chocolate and pecan - yum.   Glad we got to get together before we headed to Alabama.  That night Kasey, Greg, Patch and I went to watch the Allen fireworks.  It was about 25 minutes and pretty good.  A bit windy but that made it cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment