Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April 2019

4/28 - We slept in a little, did a little shopping and waited for the boys to get home.

4/27 - We started the morning a little rocky, but once we got out the door it was better.  Kasey's school was having a Knightathlon.   The kids ran a mile, biked a mile an a half and then ran a 1/2 mile.  Very proud of Kasey for doing this.  She ran and rode her bike with other friends her age.

That afternoon we hung out most of the afternoon, maybe took a nap.   That night there was a loud storm -  Kasey and Patch ended up in the bed :)

4/26 - The boys left for a campout so it was just Kasey and I for the weekend.  

4/21 - The kids woke up and went to find eggs from the Easter Bunny.  They got some small gifts in their basket and Landon asked for small itunes/app store GC.  Kasey got a light up speaker from girl scout store that I thought would be great for girl scout camps.

We had family over for lunch.  Greg made hamburgers, and we had deviled eggs, fruit salad, and some chips.  It was yummy and fun to hang out with the fam.  We also celebrated my birthday again.   Grandma made pecan and cherry pie!  Yum :)

That afternoon Greg went to FC Dallas game.  Kids and I cleaned up, watched Jumanji, and then got pizza for dinner.   Nice day with family.

4/20 - The boys got up to go set out eggs for easter egg hunt at the church.  Kasey went to practice her talent show performance.  Greg, Landon and I went to lunch at Schlotzky's.   Then the boys went to do their scout swim test - they both passed. That afternoon the kids made eggs for the Easter Bunny.

That night Kasey and Greg made steak, salad and green beans for dinner.  We also enjoyed some mini pies that Grammy had gotten us for Easter.

4/19 - We had a nice Good Friday.  I slept in some and went to work out at 9am.  We got ready and went to have some lunch.  That night Landon and Kasey went to hang out with Grammy and Gramps while Greg and I went to get food (BBQ at Hutchins) and then we went to a gun class.  We learned about safety, some about the law and then got to target shoot.  We shot 22, 380, 38, 9mm and 45.   It was pretty cool and interesting to learn.  We had never shot revolvers or hand guns before.

4/14 - We slept in some.  Landon took Patch for a walk and I went to pick up Kasey.  They had so much fun hanging out and playing together at the sleepover.

We cleaned up the house today, got organized for the week, and did some relaxing too :)

4/13 - Today the boys were at shooting tournament, Kasey and I had some things to get done.   And it was raining pretty good all day.  It was about 3:45am and Patch woke me up with storms.  I thought she wanted to go out, but think she really just was scared some.   With the thunder and lightning Kasey also came down around 6am.  We all slept in some.   Kasey and I headed to the nail salon for manicures.  Then we headed to Justice for a little shopping.  We got a birthday present and they had Kasey's size shirts on sale for $3.99.  Apparently Corgi's are the new big deal :)

After that we grabbed a bite and came home to Patch.   We finished watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.   We hung out in the afternoon.  The boys got home and they were wet and tired.

I dropped Kasey off at birthday party and then Landon and I went to dinner while Greg went to FC Dallas game.  We went to La Madeleine and enjoyed a quiet dinner.  Landon and I are the only ones that like that restaurant.

4/12 - Greg left early to help out for overnight and clay shooting tournament.  Kasey stayed late at school for a Harry Potter event.  One of the dads read to them in different voices and they took a quiz on the content.  We have the best librarian.

Grammy and Gramps got Kasey, went to pick up Landon, get him food, and then get them home.  I got home from work just in time to get Landon to scouts for him to ride up with a friend.

Kasey, Grammy, Gramps and I went to Durkins for dinner - yummy!

Kasey and I came home and started watching Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2.  Then I watched the last few episodes of Game of Thrones getting ready for the new season. 

4/7 - Greg had a crazy day with camp cards including a guy confronting him about how bad scouting is and several schedule changes.    I had PTA transition meeting, the girl scout meeting, then we had birthday dinner with my parents.

At the girl scout meeting the girls earned their photography badge.   They did a really good job.

For dinner we went to Stampeed 66.  The adults enjoyed it but the kids didn't as much.   yummy food even on a night it was raining.  We got a few good pictures and had a pretty good waitress.

4/6 - We had a busy night.   We took Kasey to grammy and gramps for dinner and hanging out.  Landon got dressed up to go to his first school dance.  Greg and I went to dinner with some friends to celebrate and start planning our Napa trip for this summer.

Landon went with 3 other guy friends that he want to elementary with.  He had an ok time, but most of them came home early.

4/5 - Started a fund birthday weekend on a Friday.  I had lunch with my team at work.  I got home from work in time to just hug the kids necks.  Landon had a birthday party and Kasey and Greg were going to dinner.  I had dinner and drinks with some girlfriends.  We had a good time with good food and drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment