Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October 2018

10/31 - Happy Halloween.  This year Kasey was Hermione from Harry Potter and Landon ended up being Jimbo Fisher.  We were going to friends house as usual.  Landon had been invited to another friends house but wasn't sure all the boys were invited.  He wasn't super happy about it.  Anyway, the boys his age were able to go so they went to a friends house to trick or treat and ran around the neighborhood.  They had a good time.

Greg went to FC Dallas game and I walked around with the moms and the girls.  We walked around our neighborhood while the kids got candy.  They brought it back to see what they got and trade a little.  Kasey and I went home so she could get ready for bed.   Then we went to pick Landon up before it got to late.

We had a fun evening with pizza, wine, some candy and kids having fun.

10/30 - What a crazy day.  I got a promotion at work today - it was announced.  I'm very excited about the new challenge.  Near the end of the day I got a message from my mom that my cousin David passed away.   He had cancer, he was the glue that held our family together, he was a great husband, dad, grandfather, uncle etc.  He lived life, he loved to travel, live life to the fullest and enjoy life and family.  I had been trying to decide for a few weeks if I should go visit him just in case, and I waited to long.   I always talk about family being so important, but sometimes I just don't act like it is.  I will regret not prioritizing for a long time.   Sometimes life is hard.

Landon played his last 7th grade football game tonight.  They lost, but Landon got multiple tackles and even caused a fumble.  He also made some blocks on offense that helped the team.  

10/23 - Landon played 3/4 of football game tonight.  They were close to tying the game at the end and ran out of time.

10/21 - We slept in some.  Kasey and I went to lunch at Freebirds, and we might or might not have gone to Grif's for a little dessert.  

That afternoon we went to the salon to get our nails done.   After that we watched some Flash and waited for Landon to get home from campout.

10/20 - We didn't get much done today.   We had lunch at Elkes, then Kasey and I went to do some shoe shopping then some clothes shopping of Kasey and I.  Greg had a friend over to watch football.   We all had some snacks and a drink.   Kasey and I left about 5pm to grab some Laynes and head to Frisco.  It was the opening weekend for the National Soccer Hall of Fame.   To go with it they were having Imagine Dragon concert.  Kasey wasn't sure she wanted to go, but in the end she enjoyed it.  He had some really good messages talking about depression, middle school not being food and struggles in life but important and we are  important.   

It was late and Kasey was tired, but near the end they had a bunch of big balloons and she enjoyed that part.  Good concert, and it was a great night weather wise.

10/19 - I got news today that my role at work was going to change.  I will now be managing multiple teams.  I'm excited about the challenge.

Greg took Landon to headout for his ziplining campout.  I took Kasey and a friend to the Fall Festival.  We ate some dinner, and then the kids went to play.  They didn't really need me so I went to watch them for a while and then i went to help the PTA ladies.  Kasey had so much fun.  Later that night she told me that she hung out with some of the boys, then played with one of the girls in her grade, then hung out with the boys again.  Glad she had fun.

10/14 - We got up to go look for my ring in daylight.  Still nothing.  then we headed to brunch at Ad Hoc in Yountville.  We had yummy bacon and chives waffles and fried chicken.  So good

Then we drove to San Jose to get home.

As we walked to the car, they called from Allora saying they found my ring.  What a relief.

10/13 - We woke up early since we were still on Central time.  We had breakfast at the hotel before heading to Spring Mountain for our library tasting.   We had a tasting with guy named Rick and 2 couples.  We got to taste 2001 and 2010 cabs, and 2005 and 2008 Ellivette.  We enjoyed all of them.  We ended up getting a case, and also decided to get a case of 1/2 bottles - they were 50% off.

We headed back to St Helena and had some lunch at Cook while watching the Aggies.  Luckily the Aggies won.

After lunch, we headed to Allora allotment party.    They had good food and of course wine.   Then they started grape stomping contest.  We were put in random groups.  We were called Agent Orange Crush.  We even had a cheer.  We had to take turns crushing the grapes and holding the bucket/scooping liquid.  I did both, and then realized later that day that my Aggie Ring was gone.  We called the family and they tried to call the grape stomping company.  Greg and I ran back out there before dinner to see if we could find it.  My guess is that it was in the barrel where i was scooping up juice.  We will see 

10/12 - Greg and I scheduled to go to Napa for 2 nights.  Quick trip, but our new big wine fridge is a little bare :)
We got Landon to football, dropped Kasey at a friends house and headed to the airport.

We flew into Oakland - it took forever to get to the car rental.   We started heading North and stopped off at 5 guys for burgers.  We went straight into Napa and headed to Reynolds winery.   They have a great patio, we tried several of their red wines, and a few naughty wines too.

After that we had an appointment at the new Del Dotto Paizza.  They have a very nice lobby with ton of detail, and nice garden in the back with several statues, and some of the caves are done (with hand laid Italian floors).   They even have a granite wine barrel

As we walked up Dave the winemaker was walking in. We talked to him for a minute before heading on our cave tour.  We got to taste several wines including the beast, then headed back for some snacks :)

We were staying in St Helena which was nice so we could walk to dinner.  We had dinner at Cook which was pretty good.

10/9 - Today I took off work to take the kids to the fair.   Unfortunately it was raining pretty hard most of the day.  We decided to venture out to lunch and went to Babes in Frisco.  It was very good even with crazy rain.
We came home and hung out for a little while.   Then we worked on the house some.   I got my craft stuff put up upstairs, and went through 3 boxes of books.   We are making progress.  We also mapped out the middle room upstairs, cleared space for new desk, and Landon cleaned up his legos. 

10/6 - Kasey and I hung out during the day.   We went and had Freebirds with Grammy and Gramps which is always yummy.  Then we both went to get our hair cut which is always nice.

We went in the afternoon to get some Chickfila, then went to pick up Marisa and Emma to go see Taylor Swift concert.   We went down and parked a little early at Jerry World lot 13.   We ate our chick fil a in the car and headed inside.   Jerry World is always impressive.

We got to see Charli XCX and Camila Cabello who were both good and energetic.  Then we got to see Taylor.  She was amazing,  Great performer, and I really like how she would sit back multiple times and just look around and enjoy the experience and audience.   The geek in me really liked the light up bracelets.  She had every person in the stadium wear a light up band.  They were able to change the colors, make patterns, make every other person a different color.  It was very cool.  She said at one point she did it so she could see everyone in the stadium and see when they were swaying or moving to the music.   The colors complemented the colors on the rest of the stage which was really cool

10/5 -  the Boys headed to College station for the weekend after work.  I finished work and went to have dinner with Kasey and Grandma and Pops.  We had yummy mexican food.    Kasey and I snuck in some braums for dessert on the way home.  We hung out with Patch until Kasey went to bed.

10/2 - Landon had football game today.  They lost but played well.  Some of the kids can't play because of grades so Landon played as right tackle on all offensive plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment