Friday, August 31, 2018

August 2018

8/30 - We headed to College Station for first A&M game.  We got down there, stopped in Mexia for BBQ, got to College station,  did a little shopping, checked into the hotel and headed to Northgate.  We enjoyed spending some time there.  We headed to the game a bit early to do some more shopping and figure out how the new tickets work.

The game was good, Aggies won, it was kickoff to the Jimbo Era.

8/26 - We tried out a new breakfast place today right by the house.  It was pretty good and cute place.

We came home, Landon worked on school work most of the day.  Kasey and I did research on girl scout stuff for a while.  We took a break, Greg made us fruit smoothies, and kids and I started new Jumanji.  We had girl scout meeting planning activities for this year which is interesting :)

Landon was still working on his project so Greg, Kasey and I went to get some Mexican food.   We came home and finished Jumanji and got kids ready for bed.

8/25 - We worked on the house some, then girl scouts had an event at the natatorium.  The girls had fun swimming, going down the slides, and a few of them jumped off the diving board a few times.

That night Greg got wings and we sat at our new table and used our lazy susan.   We all hung out and watched some M.A.S.H together which is fun. 

8/24 - Kasey had a slumber party with friends.  I got home from work and we took her to her friends house.  They had fun having dinner, doing scavenger hunt, swimming and hanging out.  They didn't sleep much but they really had fun.

Greg and I took Landon to Village Burger Bar for dinner.  A few of Landon's friends were there so he went to sit with them.  Greg and I sat in the corner and a co-worker happened to be there with her family.  It was fun to meet them.

Landon wanted to play fort nite with his friends instead of go somewhere to hang out.   He got to play and Greg and I went to have a drink.

8/19 -  We spent the weekend working on the house some.  I think we have 1 box left in the kitchen.   Our fans arrived but aren't installed.  We are so close but not quite there yet.

8/17 - Today we got plantation shutters and the wine fridge was installed.  It was exciting to see the living room cleaned up so they could put in shutters.

8/16 - Landon had early football for the first time today.  Everyone but Kasey was up at 5:45am.  He headed to school at 6:30 to get ready for practice.  They wore shorts, tshirts and helmets today.  Landon (and several others he said) hated wearing helmets - they are really tight to keep them on.

Kasey loved her 2nd day and seems to be enjoying it.   Her main teacher had lunch with the girls today which is fun.

Floors got finished today - they closed up a few small gaps.   We also got Grandma's piano delivered today.  So much left to do

8/15 - First day of school.  4th and 7th grades, starting the middle school adventure.  Landon ended up wearing nicer shorts and a dry fit tshirt.  Kasey wore unicorn shirt and jean shorts.   They both seemed to have a good day at school.  Landon said it was boring, Kasey had fun with friends.  Landon was pretty lucky and has at least 1 person from his elementary school in each class.

8/8 - Today was a little busy.   I left work early to sell spirit wear at Husky round up (middle school meet the teacher).  I was at the school from 2:30-7pm and luckily was able to sneak away with Landon to walk to his classes and meet his teachers.   After that I went to have a drink with some of the moms.  Some of Landon's teachers were at the place we were having girls night :)

I left there and made it to the end of Landon's last indoor soccer game.   What a night.

8/4 - Today the boys got up early and went to shooting camp with boy scout troop.  

Kasey and I slept in a little and then got ready to go to kindergarten social to meet new families coming in and getting them ready for school.

7/30 - 8/3 - This week I took some time off as we worked on the house.   Kasey got her bed on Wednesday.  She was so excited to finally have a bed.  She was actually giddy as they were installing it.  Thursday worked all day at WW meeting and had a work dinner which was fun with Greek food and wine.  At home they delivered the new desk, upstairs entertainment unit and living room rug.  They also delivered the POD with our boxes and some furniture.

Friday morning the movers came.  It took them 1 hour to move everything from the POD in the house.  Money well spent :)   Kasey got her mattress back and the kids and I spent the afternoon unpacking several boxes upstairs.  Kasey set up and decorated her bed.  She did a great job

A good part of living in the house for a week with not much makes us want to keep the house with more minimum.  We even switched closets this week.  We'll see how this goes

No comments:

Post a Comment