8/31 - There is an all female school in Dallas who was asking for mentors for the school. Its basically a lunch a month for the school year. I went to the informational for that tonight and it's a neat school and they really help the girls in lower incomes to apply to college, get scholarships and go to College. I'm excited to be a part of it.
8/28 - We had a lazy morning. Kasey and I finished a Hallmark movie and started watching Chesapeake Shores which she liked as well. The kids decided to compete in cooking contest. They made all kinds of food. Landon made breakfast pastry shop with blueberry, tuna towers, rainbow roll, potato skins, fish and mint chocolate brownie plus drinks. Kasey made blueberry pancake with biscuit and waffle with blueberries on top, homemade frackers with cheese, pigs in a blanket, pasta and meatballs with bacon wrapped jalapeño, Popsicle with chocolate, blueberry and whip cream plus drinks. They both did a really good job and was fun to see what they did. They had fun doing it together.
We had lunch. Then Kasey and I went to a pool birthday party. Kasey got a Caricature of her bowling that turned out cute. She got a lady bug painted on her leg that was cute. Then she went swimming. she pretending to be swimming in the olympics. Later after cake she got back in and I put my legs in the warm pool. She then decided to give me a pedicure and pretend that my legs were parallel bars.
We got home and Landon came home from playing down the street then we went to dinner at Big Als BBQ.
That night Kasey had a pretty lose tooth. Greg yanked it out. It hurt more than usual. Now she has 4 teeth missing :)
8/27 - We started the day with some biscuits and eggs. It was time for Landon's first baseball game. The games are pretty close to our house so Kasey and I decided to walk. We played a little pokeymon Go. Landon had a good game. He started pitching and got 1 strike out. A bit rough. After that he played pretty well. He got two pretty good hits, playing 2nd base he got two outs at first. He scored 2 runs including stealing home on a bad pitch to score the winning run. He was really excited that he got the winning run. Yankees played hard.
That afternoon Landon got to go play at new Jack Carter Pool with his friend Colin. They had a good time. I took Kasey to a gymnastics birthday party which she enjoyed running around for a while.
That night kids and I went to Blue Fish for dinner. I think kids were a bit tired - both were giving some attitude. We went to Braums for a little ice cream.
8/22 - Today was the first day of school. I got up to do fast workout. We all got up. Kids made their own lunches for the first time. The only drama was running low on time to get Kasey's hair done. We went to school. Walked Kasey into her class - got some good hugs and a picture. Then we took Landon to his class. Parents were hanging out socializing. The kids didn't really want us around but tolerated a few pictures.
Kasey had a great day. Already got 3 awards (not sure what that means) and she enjoyed her class. Landon had a pretty good day. They learned who was in their different classes. They rotate to classes, with different kids and teachers.
I'm very glad they had a good day.
8/20-21 - We had a pretty low key weekend. We had some good food, went shopping for some new mattresses, Landon had cub scouts and we cleaned up for housekeepers
8/19 - Last Friday night before school starts. We had dinner at Roman Cocina for some yummy Italian food. I got to read some to Kasey which feels like it has been forever. She read to me too.
8/18 - Tonight we had back to the Castle. We went to Landon's classroom first to meet his new teacher Ms Harper. Then we went to Kasey's classroom to see Ms Bush. Both kids have some friends in their classes this year. Kasey is excited about the boys in her class. :) Hopefully both kids will have a better year than last. I can't believe they are in 2nd and 5th grades. Landon will switch classes this year so he got to meet the other teachers. I went to work booth for PTA the rest of the time. Afterwards we went to Mi Cocina for some yummy dinner.
8/16 - Landon lost his first molar tooth. I was getting him in bed and he reached in his mouth and said his tooth felt weird. I felt it and knew it was ready to come out. He still believes in the tooth fairy - we think :)
8/15 - Kids started cooking camp this week at young chefs. After camp Greg got them back to see popcicle patrol - The Norton teachers were in a bus and brought around popcicles to different norton areas to say hi to the kids. We still had not gotten our teacher letters yet. Kasey's teacher knew us and let us know she was in her class. Yea! Landon got a picture with a few friends and his teacher although we didn't know at the time it was his teacher.
That night Landon's Titans football team played in championship. They unfortunately lost, but played a tough game. After the game we dropped Kasey and Greg off because it was almost 10pm. The team met up at Braums for some end of season ice cream. Such a fun group of kids and families. We are very blessed.
8/13 - We started today the day with Kindergarten ice cream social. They little ones seem so small compared to my kids. Landon was riding his bike around the neighborhood, and Kasey helped me some at the ice cream social. We came home and headed to lunch. After that Landon and Greg went to a friends house and Kasey and I went to do some clothes shopping for school. I wanted to get her a few outfits, but as was often the case when my mom and I went shopping several things were cute.
That evening Landon had his last FC Knight soccer game. The kids played well and won 3 to 1. Landon had an assist on the first goal. So fun watching FC Knights play
8/10 - We decided to go to Village Burger Bar for Dinner and then I just stayed to have a few drinks with some of the ladies from the neighborhood. We had a fun evening talking and thinking that summer was ending to soon.
8/8 - Landon had first Titans playoff game. Landon pulled 2 flags, caught and interception and returned it for a touchdown. He also batted away a few balls on defense.
8/7 - this weekend the Summer Olympics started. This was really the first time the kids were getting to see the Olympics and cared some. Kasey was pretty into the gymnastics and both were into the swimming some. So fun to watch and cheer on the US together. I remember watching when I was younger and loving it too.
Landon had an FC Knight soccer game. He scored a goal and was so happy.
8/6 - We took it easy during the day. Kasey was kind of tired. Kasey and I were going to have dinner with Grammy and Gramps and then the girls were going to see dance show Maks and Val from Dancing with the Stars. After much drama with Kasey, Grammy and Gramps and the nice waitress at BJs calmed her down. We had a good dinner then left to head to Grand Prairie.
We got to the show and only had to wait outside for a little while. We all really enjoyed the show. They told a story of their lives, the importance of family, and their view on love. Very fun. Maks has always been my favorite pro on dancing with the starts.
8/1 - 8/5 - While Landon was at Allaso Ranch Kasey took a Theater/art camp. I figured she would like it a lot and she did. They got to use some of their ideas and their teacher wrote a script that they got to perform for us on Friday. In her first theatrical performance, she was Bob the Bunny. She had little baby bunnies, they made a joke about her being a girl bunny named Bob. She had several lines which she did great with them. I think she had a lot of fun with it. All the grandparents and Greg and I got to see her perform. I was very proud of her and glad she has found something she really likes. We'll see where it goes.
On Friday after Kasey's performance, we hung out some that afternoon and then I left with Stephanie Cracknell to go pick up the buys from Camp. Its a lot of fun to see them jumping and dancing around for their group. We stopped to have a quick bite to eat on the way, got there just in time. After we got them Landon was laughing and sharing some funny stories of his trainers from camp. They laughed a ton. We stopped at Dairy Queen and the Hughes were there. All the boys were kind of horse, but so excited about their awesome week. Just talking and talking about the fun they had. Such fun times. We had fun pictures of the 6 boys that went together. They all figured out how to hang out and enjoy their time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment