Saturday, October 31, 2015

October Updates 2015

10/31 - Greg got up really early to drive to College Station with Doug.   A&M was playing at 11am.    Kids were up by 6:30-6:45.  They played XBOX.  I slept in a little bit.   We all got dressed and went to Panera for breakfast.  We came home and took Patch to school for a walk.  We didn't have to much time before Colin's parents got there.   After that it was shower time and time to watch the A&M game.   Kyler Murray was starting as Quarterback for A&M for the first time.  Kasey sat in living room with me watching the game and carving her pumpkin.  I was explaining it was kind of hard to do, but she could do it.  She wanted to follow a tough outline, but ended up doing her own thing.  She told me that she could do anything that Landon could do.  I told her that was correct.   Landon was in the bedroom totally vegging out.  After Kasey finished her pumpkin carving she joined Landon.   We all decided to eat lunch at home.  Greg was really surprised that we didn't go out. :)   Aggies won.   We chilled out some more then got ready for trick or treating.   Landon was Iron Man, Kasey was Tinker Bell and I was a leopard woman.   We headed to Cracknells about 5 for some pizza dinner and few drinks before trick or treating.   Fun group of kids and families to hang around with.  After trick or treating the boys wanted to exchange some of their candy.   It was also daylight savings so we let kids stay up a little later.  Landon and I headed to friends how who was having a party.  All the kids were in rooms playing video games.  The adults were hanging out having a few drinks.  We had a good time.

10/29 - Landon got Knight of the week.  We had to read about it in the newsletter - he forgot to tell us :)   Landon had a friend over to spend the night so they were playing xbox.  Kasey wasn't happy so Kasey and I got to watch a Hallmark movie.  Greg just chilled out on his ipad.  We all went to Mi Cocina and then Greg got us some ice cream for nice treat.

10/28 - Landon had another baseball game.  We got to 2nd inning and the boys were losing 10 to 4.   I was guessing it was pretty much over.   Landon played catcher multiple innings.   He got an out at home, threw and out at 3rd and did a good job holding runners at 2nd.   He got a walk, then on 4 errors got to home.  As he was coming home, he touched the bag and his back foot got tripped so he ended up flipping over into the dirt.   I was a bit worried, but he got up and went to get on his catchers gear.   We started the last inning just in time.   The boys held the other team to 4 runs so we got to bat again.  Yankees scored 5 runs to tie the game.  After that night we were ok to tie

10/26 - Landon had a make up baseball game.   It was a tough one.  Landon got a hit with 2 RBIs.  He had a few tough things happen and the team lost.  Rough late school night.

10/25 - We had cub scouts and Daisy scouts today so we didn't do a lot in the morning but get ready for that.  The boys went on a hike with cub scouts.    Our girl scout troop added a few new girls.  Today the girls planned a tea we are going to have in November.  It's fun to watch their minds think through what they wanted.  They settled on a Halloween theme with cupcakes, mini sandwiches and grapes :)

10/24 - We had a ton of rain on Thursday so the whole weekend of sports and cub scouts was cancelled.   We got to hang out most of the day on Saturday.

10/22-  I was traveling in Detroit, but Landon had a soccer game.  Crazy rain started in Dallas.  Bengals were winning 3 to 1 and they called the game because of lightning.  So they count it as a full game.  Kasey was sitting on the side line with the grandparents under an umbrella.  

10/21 - They forecasted a lot of rain over the weekend in Dallas.  On Wednesday they rescheduled baseball games for the weekend.  Friday they rescheduled soccer game.  Landon also had a cub scout event which was also rescheduled because of rain.

10/18 - we got home so Greg could do some cub scout stuff and soccer practice with Landon.   Kasey and I went one of her friends bday parties.  The girls painted a unicorn.  It was fun for all.

10/17 - The kids got up a little early but not to bad.  We all got up  and got ready to get out of the house by 9am.   We first headed to Agglieland Outfitters.   Landon and Kasey both got a shirt.  Landon got some shorts and Kasey got a small purse that we thought was about $10.  Come to find out the next day it was a lot more than that so we made it a birthday present.   After that we headed to Northgate.   Doug and the 4 of us went to the Chicken.  We started with some Tijuana fries and some drinks.  The kids got dominoes and then a little later we played pool.  We hung out, had lunch, and then headed to park for the game.  Unfortunately A&M lost to Alabama.    After the game we headed back to the house.  Greg cooked out burgers and we ate, got kids ready for bed.  We were all pretty tired...

10/16 - Kasey got Knight of the Week.  She was so excited and got to bring home Coco and coconut (stuffed monkeys) to hang out with over the weekend.

We picked the kids up about 2:30 and headed to College Station for the weekend.  We rented a house in College Station with the Steiners, Doug and Dave's dad.   When we got into town we picked up Double Daves pizza rolls and headed to the house.   It was really nice outside so we sat on the patio and ate our dinner.   The Steiners and Doug came back from dinner.  Landon and Doug (and sort of the girls) played some football as the sun went down.   Tracy, Nancy and I sat outside most of the evening drinking wine and visiting.

10/11 - We got up early about 6am the next morning to go fishing.   The 4 of us went with Landon's Den leading Rob.   We went fishing with salmon eggs.  We didn't really catch anything but had a good time.  Rob caught one that he brought back. Kasey got to watch him prepare it and Greg and I got to try the rainbow trout.

After that we hung out at the camp site.  Landon played some football and hung out with other boys.  Kasey hung around.   In the afternoon we let the kids go swimming then they went to ride paddle boats, canoe and kayak.   I actually went home with another family because I had to be at work early the next day.

That evening Greg and kids had chili a little in the dark.  Then they went up to the dam to see the stars

I got home went to get Chinese food and some ice cream.  I got to have some time along with food I wanted to eat, some wine and a Hallmark movie.  I enjoy those times.  It was very quiet but I slept pretty well until 4 something am

10/10 - We went to Landon's baseball game.  Yankees won.  Landon had a nice out throwing from short to first.

After the game we went with grandparents to Elkes for lunch.  She had Philly Cheesesteak special which Greg, Landon, Gramps and I all got.  Then we went home, packed the car and headed to Oklahoma for our first family camping trip.  It was cub scout camping event with several people from the pack.  

Greg had made chili that we were able to warm up and eat, cornbread and brownies.   We enjoyed it.  Then we had campfire.  The area had a burn ban so the boys made a campfire with flashlights.  At campfire several of the boys told jokes - including a few that got a little scary for Kasey.  Kasey and I went back to the tent to get ready for bed while there were some stories told around the camp fire.
Kids slept in our tent on mattress.  I slept on camping pad which I apparently didn't blow up very well.   I don't think I slept well.  Kids got cold a few times through the night.  Kasey woke up about 2:45am and said "I want to do something other than sleep".  Silly girl.

10/9 - Greg got up and left at 6am to drive 3 hours to help set up tents in Oklahoma at campout.   They set up, had lunch and he drove back in the afternoon.  We went to dinner when he got back and then packed up for camping trip.

10/5 - Landon was getting ready for bed and called me in telling me there was an ant on his faucet.  As I have done in my bathroom I squished it with my hand and washed it down the sink.  Landon got really upset and sad for the ant.  He really doesn't like animals of any kind being hurt.  I'm predicting Landon will become a vegetarian at some point.  He mentioned not liking seeing all of the meat in stores that we waste it.  He's also really upset that they are supposed to dissect frogs this year.

10/4 - The soccer team (Landon's Bengals team) was going to the FC Dallas game in theory to watch the game instead of practicing.  On the way home Kasey decided she wanted to go too.  It was nice day so I was for sure up for it.   It was a nice day, all the kids got FC Dallas winter hats.  Some of them watched part of it, and others just talked.  It was a fun activity though.   Of course when Greg went to get some food he stood in line for almost 20 minutes and missed 2 goals that were right in front of us.  FC Dallas won 4 to1 against Houston.

Good times!

10/3 - What a day!  Greg was helping set up for Popcorn Blitz.  Kasey and I walked the dog. Landon went to sell in Popcorn Blitz.  Then it was time for lunch at home and getting ready for baseball.   The boys won 10 to 7.  After that we headed home for a quick change and then drove to College Station.  We got there just in time for the 6:30pm game.  We got to our seats right before it started.  The Aggies won - YEAH!   After the game the boys went out.  I took the kids to hotel.   It was after 10:30 so very late for them.  I had to go park the car and told them to get in pajamas and brush their teeth (guess who forgot their toothbrushes 0oops).  We had pull out couch and King bed.  I tried putting both kids on pull out couch - after at least 30 minutes of he's touching me, she won't move over, laughing, talking etc.  I moved Landon to the other bed.   By this time it was almost midnight but they finally went to sleep.  I was tired.  I read a bit and went to bed just before Greg got back

10/2 - We went to First Friday after work.  Yummy food truck, beer, friends and the kids got to run around in the great weather.  I think we all had a good time.

10/1 - Being an engineer I have worked mostly with men and groups that are majority men.  My new team is almost completely women.  At the end of the meeting everyone was giving one thought from the last few days.  A few ladies were talking about feelings and hugging.  The other engineer in the room looked at me and said, we're used to working with dudes.  There aren't discussions on feelings or hugs much with the guys.  It was pretty funny and so true.

I had 2 days of staff meetings with my new team.  It was good to meet the WW team and get to know them some.   I was excited that I could participate in the meetings (talking) even though I haven't been with the group much.

The first night we went to an outing.  We had a tour guide to take us through Trinity Groves.   We started at Souk for appetizers and a drink, had good BBQ at the place down there and then went to Community Brewery for some beer, mini cakes from Cake and a brewery tour.  It was pretty cool.  The tour guide was a little much, but she knew a lot of information.  It was a fun night

No comments:

Post a Comment