8/29 - Today started sports season. Crazy day. Landon had a
baseball game at 9am. It started out a little slow. Landon made a
mistake - on 2nd had a guy on 3rd and he tried to steal 3rd. He got
out. But boy did he make up for it. His next at bat he got a triple
that went all the way to the fence. He also got a double play - caught
pop fly and ran to 2nd for double play. He played well at catcher as
well. Good game. Yankees won 8 to 7.
Landon is now at Boy scouts
for some activities. They did some running, jumping and other physical
activities. While they were gone Kasey and I watched girl scout cake
wars.
Then we all went to lunch at Elke's. We came home and
chilled out for a little while then Kasey and I went to girl scout
event. I had some training and she got to hang out with Violet and make
some swaps. She had a good time and we learned about some ways to get
girls to lead and decide what they do.
After that Kasey and I got
to have a quick dinner the 2 of us at Chick Fil A. Then we headed to
Landon's soccer game. The boys played hard, but lost 4 to 2.
Then
Landon went with the Dowdy's to friend party. Greg went to FC Dallas
game with a friend, and Kasey and I got a small treat finished Girl
Scout Cake Wars and got her to bed.
8/25 - Kasey got on pink today and was really excited
8/24
- First day of school. Greg and I both took the kids. We dropped
Kasey off and did a drive by with Landon. They both had good days at
school. They like their teachers. Landon has a boy in his class that
is a bit of a trouble maker. Kasey had them last year.
8/20 -
Back to the Castle. Kasey got to meet her teacher Ms Carter. She was
excited. Kasey has several boys in her class that she knows and has
"liked" over the years. Friend from preschool, boys from last years
class, boys from the neighborhood. Hope she doesn't get in to much
trouble.
Landon got to see his new AIM rooms - she has 2 now and
look great. He got to meet his homeroom teacher Ms Dreher and his math
teacher Ms Dobson and science and social studies teacher Ms McGraw.
Landon wasn't sure he'd have any guy friends in the class, but he has a
few.
It should be a fun year.
8/17 - I started my new job
today. I've been in Wireless connectivity for about 5 years at TI and
enjoyed the ride. I'm excited about new adventures. I will be managing
training and field communications across several business units at TI.
I'm excited to get started. Biggest change is that my new group is
almost all women. That's a new one for me, but several of them I have
known or worked with for years.
I started out heading to Houston
because one of my bosses lives and works there. We spent a day and a
half doing brain dump and starting to transition things to me.
8/4-8/12 - See Vacation post - Walt Disney World
No comments:
Post a Comment