Friday, July 31, 2015

July 2015 updates

7/26 - 7/31 - Landon at Allaso Ranch sleep away camp - This is Landon's commontary on camp
Sunday - They got to camp, did swim test and he passed.   This camp was star wars themed so camp at night was centered around that. Darth Vader was trying to destroy the earth.  R2D2 was trying to descramble message from Yoda to stop him.   Yoda picked 3 people to find the 5 pieces to decrypt the message.  The 3 were BuBu Fett, Demetri StormTrooper and Howard Wookie Wookiewitz
Monday - Did bible study and went canoeing.   Went Canoeing with Mike.   Did a mid day face off between teams and Green won.  Then went to lunch and went to the pool in the afternoon.  The pool had 2 waterslides and was fun.   It also had a lazy river with innertubes.  Ate dinner and did camp at night. Red team won

Here is actual Letter written by Landon on first few days:
Dear mom and dad,
I've been having a blast.  I passed the swim test.  It was hard.  We went canoeing.  I went in a canoe with Mike.  We also did a game.  It went ok.  We got 2nd.  We had lunch and then we took a 20 minute nap.  Then we used a compass to do a treasure hunt.  The treasure was candy.  Then we tried to catch water animals.  We caught 3 frogs and a riffle beetle.  We got in the pool and it was awesome.  
Sincerely, Landon  P.S. Thanks for the Chewie the Wookie

Tuesday - Landon and Mike and then Landon and Carter did the giant swing.  Got into harness and hung side by side in huge swing.  This see saw which is part of low ropes.   Then did mid day face off.  Green won.  Then had lunch.  Then went to the pool.  Then did bible study.  Went to camp store - bought little owl.  Then ate dinner then went to camp at night. Blue team won. Then had night swim

Here is Landon's actual letter from Tuesday
We did humongous rope swing.   It was amazing.  Then we did a see saw.  WE also did a game where you throw a ball into a bucket.   We won.  We went to the pool and gift shop.  I still having a blast.  Love you.  Sincerely, Landon

Wednesday - Went horseback riding for the first time.  Painted a horse.  Practiced with a Lasso.  Went on a hayride.  Had breakfast in the barn. Then went to the pool. Then mid-day face-off. Blue team won Then lunch and more pool time. Next was bible study and dinner. We did camp at night and blue team won

Thursday - Bible study then pool. Mid day face off and lunch. Then we went to the pool and ziplining. Next was dinner and camp at night. Green team won. ☺

Friday - Bible study then low ropes and basketball. Then Mid day face off and lunch. Next was pool and dinner. Blue got camp champs. I had a blast.

7/26-7/30 - I was traveling all over.  Went from Dallas to Hong Kong on a 16 hour flight, then about an hour car ride to Shenzhen on Monday early morning.  We had training conference there.  Meeting people and seeing how things worked.  Tuesday night we went to get foot massage.  I had gotten one before in Shenzhen where you wore you own clothes, we all sat in private room in recliners and had nice foot massage.

The place we went was a bit different.  We had 2 ladies and 2 guys.  They separate us guys and girls into a very nice locker room.  Since the ladies don't really speak English they told us to take clothes off, put on towel.  Then we had to take a shower.  Then we had to put on a special outfit.  Kind of like scrubs - shorts and shirt.  Then they led out out to big area where we met guys.  A little awkward with co-workers, but whatever.  We all got foot massages, and either got neck or head massage.  It was nice, but kind of noisy.  It was interesting.  The ladies working there all had outfits on based on what they did.  Foot ladies had an outfit, shoulder and head had a different outfit.   At the end a few other ladies with different outfits came over to guy that was with us that spoke Chinese.  They were basically discussing with him that he could do something additional to meet the minimum charge.   He got a coke :)

Wednesday we left at 9:30am for airport heading to Tokyo.  4 1/2 hour flight and then almost 2 hour bus ride it was a day of travel.   Thursday morning we had a good meeting with local TI team in Tokyo.   We had lunch at little Italian place that I've been to many times over the years.  Then I headed to the train for the airport.   I took Taxi to get train.  He tried dropping me at wrong entrance.  Then my credit cards wouldn't work to get train ticket.  I waited in line to have a person help, and missed the train I wanted to take, but there was another one sooner than I thought.  It all worked out but was stressful.   I got to check in and the lady told me that Economy was full so they put me in Business.  For a 12 hour flight I won't complain - even though it was a middle seat.  By the time I got to the gate they were calling my name to put me in window seat instead.  Business class makes a good difference in travel.  I got to watch movies, TV show, sleep for few hours.

7/26 - Greg with other friends took kids to Allaso ranch for first long overnight camp.   Landon had clothes in baggies for each day, a manly overnight kit, towels, & bathing suits.  He was on Green team, the Wookies.  The whole week was Star Wars Themed so the boys were excited.   We made him a care package.   Box with Star Wars pictures on top, a Wookie book, journal, envelops with paper to write home, a journal, disposable camera, Itty Bitty Wookie, Wookie container.  I also wrote letters to Landon for each day and included a couple cool facts (mainly star wars related).  

7/25 - Greg has left for College Station the night before.  We had Landon mostly packed for camp, me packed for China and Japan.  Landon had soccer game which they lost by many goals, and then Grammy and Gramps took me and kids to the airport so I could catch my flight to Hong Kong.  16 hour flight which is quite long.  I got to watch some movies which was good.  I finally got to see Big Eyes.

7/19 - we got up and took the dog for a long walk.   We came back for all of us to shower.  We went to Jersey Mike's for lunch.  Yummy.
We went to orientation for Landon's overnight camp.  Then went to the pool for a while with friends.  After that we went to try out a BBQ place in Allen, it was pretty good.  Kasey and I split a BBQ beef potato.

7/18 - We started the day with soccer.  Landon was supposed to have his first game in several weeks, and we got to the field and the other team couldn't get enough players so they forfeit.   Kids wanted to play so ended up having a game kids vs dads.  The dads won, but they all got some exercise and had fun.  We got to have lunch at Elke's.  Landon wanted the big hamburger. After lunch we went to get Dairy Queen blizzards. Kasey wanted a vanilla blizzard with nothing in it so she got vanilla ice cream in a cup.  Silly girl.

That afternoon Landon had cub scouts learning more about first aid.  That afternoon Greg went with Doug and Dave to watch US team play in Gold Cup - they won 6 to 0.  Then Greg went with Doug to FC Dallas game. It was kind of his birthday celebration with the boys.  Kids and I went with the Dowdy's to see Ant Man at Studio Movie Grill.  Fun movie.

7/15 - I had a friend take me to work so that Greg could come pick me up to go to coaches night.   Its fun to get excited about football season and hear the coach get excited about the team, new stadium etc.   Will be a fun year.

7/13 - Lyn was in town so we had a little girls night.  A few of us went to Village Burger Bar for a few drinks.  Fun to spend some times with the ladies.

7/12 - We got up today around 8ish.  Landon made the two of us breakfast - Peach yogurt and he put in strawberries, blueberries and peaches that I had cut up.  I made Kasey eggs and Greg had cereal as usual.   Kids and I went to walk the dog.  Landon had Patch, Kasey wanted to swing.  Landon took patch on short slide.

We went to lunch, and then decided to clean up the play room.  Mind you that we've bascially had an unusable playroom for at least 6-9 months.  We got it cleaned up pretty good.  We all kept saying it was weird to see the floor in there.

Grammy and Gramps came over so we could celebrate Gramp's birthday.   Kids had made cards, and gifts out of paper.  Both kids put planes on the cards, and Landon actually made a paper airplane.  Kids showed Grammy the play room, and they both played piano for them.  Fun to see them excited and doing well.   Then we headed to Uncle Julios for some yummy food.

7/11 - We had a fun busy day.  Got up, kids and I went for a walk while Greg mowed the yard.   Then Greg and Landon went to cub scout meeting.  After that we went with the Dowdy's to Trinity Groves.  We had lunch at Luck which was pretty good.  Then we went to have a beer at local brewery called 4 corners.  It was pretty warm, but fun to do something a little different.  We were celebrating Greg and Jason's birthdays so it was fun.  We came back and went to friends pool birthday party.
That night I got to go see Magic Mike XXL.  I liked it better than the first one.   Fun!

7/10 - Gramp's birthday.  Grammy and Gramps looked at some houses.  I had to be at work at 7am for a meeting so I actually left around 4pm.  It was a bit of a stressful day, but hopefully it will all work out as its supposed to.    Greg picked up some food so we could eat at home and watch the US mens national team game.  They won, but it was a tough game.

7/7 - US Mens National soccer team played Gold Cup game in Frisco.  Greg, Doug, Juan, Dave, Jason Dowdy and I went early to Jakes before the game.  We had some beer and burgers.  Dave was a good man and brought face paint so we all got our face paint on, took some pictures and headed to see the end of the first game.  We saw a few people in line for beer and met up with Marissa and Gaby for the game.   We saw few friends from various places and even saw few friends of kits - Brock and Sutton were there.
US won 2 to 1.  It was a fun time and glad US won

7/5 - Kasey woke up middle of the night not feeling well, so I ended up sleeping in her bed.  I couldn't go back to sleep thinking something might be wrong with Landon.  When we woke up got a call that he got sick in the middle of the night.  He was fine though.  Poor thing.

After getting Landon we chilled out for a while, went to lunch and then then went to Solis' for some pool and food.  We came home and watched the US women's team in world cup against Japan.   US scored 4 goals in firs 16 minutes.  It was fun to watch as a family.

7/4 - We took it easy in the morning, went to lunch and headed to friends for 4th of July party.  We had fun hanging out and swimming.  Kids had a blast.  Kasey was singing, dancing and doing fancy jumps off the diving board.   Landon was having fun playing with the water guns.

After eating Greg went to FC Dallas game, kids and I stayed.  After dark kids got to do sparklers, smoke bombs, snakes and little pops.  This was the first time for Landon and Kasey.  They had fun, but we didn't get to go see big fireworks.  Landon ended up staying the night and Kasey went home late and went to bed.

7/3 - I had day off for July 4th.  Greg had to work and take the 4runner in.  Kids and I went to Starbucks for hot chocolate and breakfast.  Kasey had a croissant and Landon had a sweet roll.   We went to hang out a bit then Landon went to a friends birthday party at Maine Event.  Kasey and I went to the salon for manicures and pedicures - such fun.  She knows what she wants.  The lady didn't do her toes like she wanted, but we both thought it was cute.  She wanted a pattern of every other toe a different color. She did big toe one color and little toes different color.   We had dinner at Mi Cocina with friends.

7/1 - Landon came home from camp today.  He had a great time, but is tired.  The boys met me for lunch so I could see him.  When they got home, Greg went to the bathroom and Landon was asleep on the bed in that short time.

Landon got to do several things - they got to play human foose ball, shoot bbguns, archery, their group won dodgeball tournament, they had a swim party, got to help serve and clean up dinner, made rockets and shot them off, did big slingshots.  They slept in tents.  Landon had a cot, small pad, sheet and blanket.  I think they slept ok because they were tired.  Basically slept 10-6 which is much shorter than normal 8:45 to 7 or 8

No comments:

Post a Comment