Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Blog Updates


2/28 - luckily the weather cooperated and we got to play Landon's basketball championship was today.   We played at a middle school.  They game got a little heated with parents and refs not calling stuff, but in the end the Warhawks won first place in their division.  Was very proud of the boys.
After the game Grammy and Gramps took the kids.  Landon wanted to take his trophy with him - first place trophy he has gotten in sports.  Greg and I had a fun party to go to.  We hung out some in the afternoon and got ready.  It was 70s party.  Greg and I aren't to into dressing up.  He wore and old simpsons shirt, and I wore a shorter bell dress with waved shaw.  I tried to make my hair big wavy.   It sort of worked.  At any rate we had a good time.

2/27 - In Dallas we had crazy weather week.  After a few ice days everyone was back at school and work.  Friday it started snowing pretty hard.   It was beautiful to watch out the window.  I decided about 1 I was leaving to work from home.   The kids went outside after school and I went out there with them for a little bit to take a break.  Fun times when kids can play on the street. 

2/23-24 - We had some ice in Dallas so kids were off school for two days.  I worked from home and got to look out on ice during day and got to have lunch and be home early for dinner those days.  It was nice :-)

2/21 - Landon had playoff game in Basketball, and they won!
We went to lunch at Elke's afterwards to celebrate with Grammy and Gramps.
That afternoon Kasey and I went to the nail salon.  I got a nice pedicure and Kasey got manicure and pedicure
That night we had mother son dance.  A bunch of us went to Mi Cocina for dinner - kids played outside while we got to talk and enjoy drink.

Then we headed to dance.  Boys really wanted to run around and chase each other more than dance, but it was still fun.  The music wasn't as good as it has been in the past.  Not sure why.  Also a lot more line dances than before.

2/15 - We actually slept in some.   We celebrated Grammy's birthday.  We went to Babes for awesome fried Chicken, yummy sides and desserts.  Then we went back to Grammy and Gramps for a little while.  We got to watch Castle that Landon and I had not seen.    We went home so the boys could get to soccer practice.  Kasey and I finished her homework which seems to take some time.  We took the kids to Grandma and Pops House for them to stay the night.  Greg and I went to dinner at a new restaurant called Sangria.  It was good, still not De Tapas but good.

2/14 - We had a busy day.  We slept in a little.  We had to get up and go do food for ACO.  Landon went door to door asking for can food donations.  We had 15 houses to go to, and only 3 people were home.    I was driving, Kasey was writing down how many cans, and Greg was sitting in the back organizing.

Then we went home.  The boys went to baseball practice.  Kasey and I got ready, played outside some with Patch, and got lunch for all of us.  That afternoon Landon had a basketball game.  The coach was out of town so Greg was coaching.  Last game we played this team we lost 19 to 0.   We ended up winning the game - Greg was happy.   It ended up the way they did standings for playoffs that we got 2nd place for the playoff.
Right after the game we decided to go try Splitzville for some family bowling.  It was a short wait which we were surprised about.  So we got a few beers and Icees for the kids while we waited.  We had fun bowling and hanging out.

2/13 - Today is Grammy's birthday!  We'll get to celebrate with her this weekend.  We had a busy day.   I worked in the morning.  We went to the kids Valentines parties in the afternoon.  Landon's was first.  They had ice cream sundays, games and got to open valentines.  Landon and a few boys built a really tall cup tower, and they played games with chopsticks and heart conversations.

Then we went to Kasey's party.  They had valentine bingo, cookie decorating, snacks, make your own book mark and color by numbers.  The kids had fun!

After that Kasey and I went to the girl scout store and did a little Valentine shopping at Target.    Kasey then volunteered for a school project for a friend of mine's daughter where she was trying to see how influence boy/girl stereotypes.

then we all went to dinner at 5th street.  Kids got ready for bed and we called Grammy with Patch to wish her happy birthday

2/7 - Another busy Saturday.  Landon had a basketball game at 10.  It was a tough loss for the boys.  The refs weren't calling anything and they other team was playing quite rough.  We had a quick lunch afterwards. 
Greg had taken over owning the Pinewood Derby for the pack.  He had help from some of the other leaders as well.  They changed the setup, had a fun activity there to build a car with a twinkie, good snacks, and organized runs.

The pinewood derby went smoothly.  Landon got 3rd in bears, and it was fast enough for overall competition of top 12.   5 boys from our Den got in top 12 which is pretty good.  The other two boys in our He ended up getting 3rd overall.  He was so excited.  

After that Kasey and I went to sell some girl scout cookies with her troop.  Kasey was pretty tired and didn't want to do much, but the girls sold several boxes
We went home for a bit, and then headed to Mi Cocina to have dinner with a few other families.  Kids got to play outside in great weather and the adults got to talk some which was nice.

2/6 - We drove from the lake to Fargo, North Dakota which took about 5 hours.  Then flew back to Dallas.  We got home a little early.  Grammy and Gramps picked me up from the airport and brought me home.   That night Greg was leading up to get all cars checked in for the Pinewood Derby.  Kids were pretty tired so we got Landon's car checked in and headed home.

2/5 - After few days of meetings and trainings, 13 of us headed up near Canada for some ice fishing.   It was chilly with wind, but not to bad.  We had fun fishing in 2 huts for the day, and then we stayed a huge log cabin.   We had a good time hanging out and playing cards of humanity.

2/2 - I had to go to Minnesota for the week.  Kasey met with piano teacher for the first time.  She will start lessons next week.  The teacher emphasized learning to read the music which can be used with other instruments.  We'll see how it goes.

2/1 - We slept in some.  We all got up to go to breakfast at Froggy's.  We had yummy hot chocolate and breakfast.   Then we headed home to get some stuff done.  Greg took Patch and kids for walk and to play outside at the school.  I packed for my trip.

In the afternoon it was time to get ready for superbowl.   Greg and kids made brownies.  Landon suggested that they put extra chocolate chips in them which made them yummy. We ended up with chocolate on the floor as we all licked the spoons and bowl.

Then kids and I made guacomole.   Landon made him and Kasey chocolate milk and Greg and I got a beer.  I posted something on facebook and people thought we were having beer and chocolate milk together.
Greg and Kasey had bought stuff to make fajita nachos.  We put chips out, black bean refried beans, cheese and fajita steak.  Yum.  That with guacamole and some peaches with red hots made for yummy  super bowl dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment