Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 2014 Updates

4/30 - Greg and I both got to go on 2nd grade field trip to Dallas Arboretum.  I got Landon and 4 other kids from his class.  Greg was actually helping out another class so he had a few kids he knew and a few he didn't.  Greg and I got to ride on the bus together which was fun.  It was a fun field trip.  Kids got to see some pretty things.  We got to be outside on a beautiful day.  The kids got to run around a lot.  there was one area with rows of flowers so the kids decided to have a relay race.  They would race each other.  There were a lot of boy/girl competitions going on.

Right after field trip I had to meet some of team for video storyboarding.   Then of course i had to work that night.  Good times.

4/26 - We had an even busier day than normal.   Greg left before 8am to go help move stuff to the AppleCreek Picnic/Auction.   Kids and I left about 8:30am to get to Kasey's soccer game.  Kasey was pretty much done with soccer, and then they started asking her to play sweeper (defense).  She really liked this.  She was doing a pretty good job, and she didn't have to run as much!   Here team did well - I'm not sure score, but they had good game.

Then I headed to AppleCreek picnic to help finish set up.  I worked registration for a while.  Greg and kits went home to shower and then headed there as well.  Kids had fun.   They got to meet a few Revolution football players, eat pizza, play games,make a craft run around.   We closed out auction.  My last AppleCreek Picnic - I've been doing this since Landon was 2 so it was kind of sad to be at my last one.  Lots of fun and great way to earn money for school.

Right after picnic we went to Landon's soccer game.  Since the boys won the last game the coaches had orange hair and coach Jason made a mohawk.  It was fun!

The boys tied the game and played hard.  This was probably Landon's last soccer game - He is playing baseball next week because of conflict time - He played soccer this week.

After this we were exhausted.   We went home brought in some Village Burger Bar, watched a movie and got everyone to bed a little early.  I even went to bed at 11:35 which is super early for me....

4/25 - We had a great time at girls night.  About 9 of us having a few drinks and hanging out.  Our friend Lyn moved to Richardson so we used this as an excuse to get everyone together.   Good times.  


I found out today that mom is having some tests because of a tumor in her stomach.

4/18 - Its Good Friday.  Kasey told me that I looked just like Barbi.  I was wearing 2 towels.  She said my body town was like Barbi's dress with no sleeves, and the tan towel on my head made my hair look like Barbi's.  :)  Landon had school as a make up day.  I got to walk him to school.  Then Kasey and I had breakfast together.  All 4 of us got to have lunch together at the school.    We did a little afternoon shopping then Kids and I colored eggs.  They tried mixing colors.  Kasey ended up with a sort of pink brown one, and most of Landon's came out some shade of green.

Greg went to see Dallas cup games so kids and I had dinner at home and watched Star Wars II.

4/13 - We had a lazy morning.  After we finally got up we showered got ready, and went to lunch at Mi Cocina.  Landon and I had brunch and Kasey and Greg had lunch.  Then we headed to grocery store (all of us which never happens),    We brought everything home, went to pick up some of neighbors kiddos and headed to movie.  We went to Rio 2.   Kids liked it, will be interesting to see if Greg sees anything similar when there.

We had a pretty lazy afternoon which was nice.

4/12 - We woke up and all had breakfast together  then headed to Landon's baseball game.  The team got there early to get warmed up.  He had 3 RBIs in outs from 3rd to 2nd and from SS to 1st, and some good hits.  Then in soccer he scored 3 goals.  The Bengals won 4 to 0 for the first time in my memory.  So happy for team.   

Greg went to FC Dallas game so kids and I went to eat dinner.  They were pretty tired. 

4/11 - after all day offsite at work, I met the fam at baseball field for Landon's baseball scrimmage.  Yankees were playing a good team.  Landon got a home run and few other good hits as well.  He played well which is always fun to watch.   I took Kasey home to get ready for bed.  Greg and Landon met Colin and his dad to watch Allen baseball game.

4/6 - Since kids stayed at Grammy/Gramps Greg and I got to sleep in a little.  We went to have breakfast at Frogg's to try out their new menu.  It was pretty good.   I love the atmosphere there.
We went to get kids and I took them to see Muppets most wanted.  It was ok, Landon really liked it.
That evening we celebrated with Greg's parents and sister.  We had good Mexican food and Grandma made German chocolate cake - yum!

4/5 - I had a good birthday!   We didn't have to get up to early.   Greg took kids and I go Cracker Barrel for breakfast which is always good.  Then we came home for little while.  Greg and kids all got me cards,new pajamas and new headphones so I am set.  We spent the afternoon at kids games.

 Greg headed for boys day to hang out and go to final 4 games.  Kasey played soccer.  Landon played baseball got a few hits and some good play in field.  We had to leave right away so Landon could get to 2nd half of his soccer game.  mind you we all ready for spring, and today was back to being cold.  we were all in jackets and blankets on top of us at games.  then we went to grammy and gramps house for great dinner from Babe's.  Grammy got me 2 desserts - one from baskin robbins - ice cream cake like she used to get me growing up - yum.  she also made snickers cake which was really good!

Kids decided to stay with Grammy and Gramps.  So I got to come home, have some wine, and watch a movie.

4/4 - Good birthday Friday at work.  Marisa made me chocolate/peanut butter cupcakes - yum!  Had lunch with a few people at work (in our cafeteria), but it's better than eating alone.
Kasey and I got to go to dinner just the two of us while the boys were at baseball practice.  We went to Spazo and had nice dinner.


Landon got Knight of the Week this week.  It's his 3rd time this school year!  Go Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment