Friday, January 31, 2014

January updates 2014

1/31 - After day at work we ate at home, and then headed to Norton for Pinewood Derby test track.  Landon's car just did ok, but Greg & Landon still have some tuning to do.  Should be fun next weekend for the real race.


1/29 - I brought Kasey home from dinner.  Somehow the topic of how babies are made came up.  At first she got the impression that you just grow up and everyone has a baby.  I explained it was more complicated and we'd explain more when she got older.   i mentioned that it takes 2 people to make a baby.  she asked if two people hug and then have a baby.   I was not ready for that discussion with her, but I know it will be here before I know it.

1/26 - We were slow getting up.  Kasey came down about 6:45 and Landon about an hour later.  I made some breakfast - cheese eggs, sausage, and muffins. By the time we got showers and were ready it was time to head to lunch.  We went to have BBQ.

We came home to work on pinewood derby some.  Then we decided to go enjoy the weather.  We went to park near by the house.  We took the kids bikes, baseball stuff, and Patch.  We all biked or walked around for a while and then Kasey played at the park while Landon and Greg did some catching and throwing.  It was nice to get outside in the great weather.

We headed home and did a few things before taking Patch to obedience training.  She is doing well with sit and watch me.  Of course in class she barks at everyone else in the class. Hopefully we can work with her on some of her craziness.  We then came home for dinner, showers and bed for kids.
Both kiddos were pretty tired from being up late this weekend.  Both kiddos threw a fit going to bed.  Hopefully they can get some rest this week.

1/25 - Landon had 9am basketball game.   He played pretty well.  He got 4 baskets and covered his player pretty well.

After the game I went to try new work out class format - Zumba/Step.  It was good format but unfortunately the class will be Monday at 6:30.  We all went to lunch at Elke's then headed home to clean up some.

Landon went with neighbor to Stars game - his first Stars game.  Kasey and I went to the salon to get our nails done, and then met Greg for dinner at Grimaldi which was fun.  Kasey wanted Pacuigo so we let her get some which she liked

Greg and I got to watch a movie waiting for Landon to come home.

1/24 - Landon had 5:30pm basketball game.  It was first one I got to see this season.  He got 4 baskets and played some good defense as well.   Fun to watch with family.  All 4 of his grandparents were at the game to watch.

1/17 - We got to go to dinner with some friends tonight at Mi Cocina which was fun.  Kids got to hang out with friends and we got to have some adult conversations.   After dinner Greg and Kasey went home and Landon and I went to family fitness night at the elementary school.   Landon got to break a few boards, and then headed to the gym for basketball and cup building.   He also did a little hoola hoops.

1/16 -  The past several nights after Kasey went to bed, Greg, Landon and I have been playing iSpy a new game Landon got from friends for Christmas.  There are a bunch of ways to play.  Greg usually wins, but we all have fun.  Tonight I was doing something on the computer so Landon came in and said I wish we could write a story.  So we did.  I typed because he can't yet and we started creating a story of our family going to Hawaii.  It was fun to make up some things that we were doing on vacation.

Today Patch was spayed.   She has to spend the night at the clinic to recover a little more before coming home.

1/15 - I was helping Kasey wash her hair and asked her what her favorite subjects in school were.  She said she likes math/science and art.  As an engineer loved to hear that she loves math/science.  She talked about liking art because they get to use different things to do artwork.   She said she liked learning new things in math and science with counting and doing new things.
I started working out again today.  I joined 24 hour fitness to try it out, so far so good.  Good but tough step/circuit class today

1/12 - We were totally lazy.  We got up to eat breakfast but Greg and I basically stayed in bed until noon.   We finally got up to put Christmas stuff up and get laundry done.  We had lunch at home.  Boys went to make Landon's car for pinewood derby.   Then we all went to dinner at Mongolian Grill.   Pretty laid back day which was good.


1/11 - I got back from CES today.  Crazy week as usual.  We went to lunch the 4 of us and was good to see the family.  We spent some time talking with the kids about what sports they want to play this spring.   Kasey decided she wanted to play softball again and then probably do soccer in the summer.  Landon will play basketball this winter (played his first game 1/10), and then play baseball with friends this spring and is considering soccer.


1/5 - Today I headed to Las Vegas for CES.

1/4 - We had pretty low key day.   Hanging out at home most of the day.  I was packing, kids were playing with Christmas presents, Landon created his first NFL playoff bracket, and they filled out their yearly scrapbook page (with info on their favorites that year and how they sign their name).

1/3 - Landon had a friend birthday party so Kasey and Daddy went to get the new Keyboard they got from Grandma and Pops for Christmas.  The kids love playing music and dancing to the music it makes.  We'll start Landon on lessons to see what he thinks.

1/2 - Unfortunately with CES at beginning of the year I had to start back to work on 2nd.   I did meet Greg and kids for lunch though.  We went to JGs which is always good.  Landon got to  a friends house to play and Kasey wanted to do something fun so they went to Jump Street.  She found some older girls to hang out with so she had fun.

1/1/14 - Happy New Year.
After we got up and got ready we decided to go have some lunch at Pei Wei - One of my favorites that I don't get to often, but Kasey and I like it.  Then we went to see Frozen again which we both really like.

After that we came home a little while and headed to the airport to pick up the boys.   We decided to head to dinner the 4 of us.  We decided to go to Pie Five in Allen on the way home which is always a good one.

Everyone was pretty tired.  I don't think any of us slept to well.

No comments:

Post a Comment