Hello family and friends:
I hope this letter finds everyone doing well. I’ve decided to save some trees and write a blog Christmas letter :-)
We’ve had a good year. We’ve been keeping busy as usual. I’m still working for TI (working too much) and Greg is still working part time. I traveled more than in the past few years – I went to China twice, Las Vegas, San Jose, Denver and was gone for few days 3 times in November.
I broke my pinky toe this year and had to have surgery on it. The nurse in the hospital laughed when I came to check in. All went well, but I ended up having to cancel a business trip to Brazil and had to go to A&M vs Alabama game on crutches and couldn’t put any weight on one leg. I wouldn’t recommend it! I’m still involved in the board/PTA at both schools but haven’t been able to do quite as much because of travel and work. Hopefully next year when they are at the same school I can do more.
Greg went to London for a long weekend with the boys basically to watch soccer and hang out. Greg has been doing some volunteering at the school. He did Watchdog (basically being a male presence at the school all day to help out) and has helped me with my PTA role and done a few other things with Landon’s class.
We got a new puppy this year. She was abandoned at an apartment complex and then brought to Pop’s clinic. She was 5 pounds when we got her in September (when I was on crutches). She’s now over 20 pounds and keeps us on our toes like a toddler. Her name is Patch for the black/brown patch on her eye. She’s very much a puppy and goes from crazy puppy to sweet puppy.
We had a couple vacations this year. We went to A&M for a baseball tournament in March and also went for several football games in the Fall. Greg and I went just the two of us for a long weekend in Napa. One of our favorite places to go. We enjoyed ourselves and are just now getting all the wine in (we ask them to hold it so it doesn’t ship in Texas heat). We also went for a week to Lake Tahoe with the kids. We had a great time several firsts for the kids –sailing, hiking, rafting, Geocaching. We also got to go to the beach, play putt putt and do other fun family activities. We are also looking forward to family cruise around Christmas with my family to the Western Caribbean. Grammy and I took the kids to the State Fair and to see the Lion King – both firsts for the kids. We had a great time.
Kasey is now 5. She goes from wanting to be 2 again and having everything done for her to wanting to be grown up with cell phone, car keys etc. She keeps us entertained. Kasey started back up with gymnastics again, but didn’t really like it after few months. She is still enjoying dance – she’s doing ballet and tap and likes tap better. She had her first dance recital – I used curlers on her hair that I used in high school and had fun putting a little make up on her. We are very proud of her. She has also been playing softball – Greg has been head coach in both the spring and fall. The girls have had fun. Kasey got a few outs, and was hitting pretty well for a while. She’s also learning the game more. Kasey is in PreK this year and seems to like it – she’s definitely a leader. She’s also been taking phonics which she doesn’t want to practice reading at home but seems to keep making progress at school. Homework in elementary with her will be interesting.
As part of my job I make several videos. We did one recently that both Kasey and I got to star in. Check is out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Landon is 7 ½ now. Landon played soccer and baseball and did gymnastics in the spring, and then he only played on a club baseball team in the fall. We don’t think we will stay on the club team and hoping to play with friends in the spring. They were nice people, but the boys had to play up a level and it was not fun for them. He’s going to play basketball again this winter with a friend which he really enjoyed last time he played. Landon is also doing Cub Scouts which brings some fun activities to the mix. He did his first pinewood derby this year and had fun making a Johnny Football car for the race. His wasn’t the fastest, but did get a medal for decoration. He’s doing great in school and loves reading and math problems. He still loves legos - Star Wars and Chima are his favorite. In his AIM class (for gifted and talented) they are studying China this year. I was able to set up a conference call with a colleague in China for them to talk to. I also had some friends at work that went to several parts of China and took great pictures so I shared them with the AIM teacher to show the kids. I think it’s great that they are learning about international places at this age.
We hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas and happy New Year. May God Bless you this coming year.
Love, Dana, Greg,
Landon, Kasey & Patch Myers
No comments:
Post a Comment