9/29 - Greg got home at 2:30am from the charter flight so he was not excited when we woke him up at 9am. Once we did get up, we decided to go to the Greek Festival. We had some good food, drinks, kids got to make sand art, we got to see some Greek dancing. I even saw an old High School friend Mike Eaton. Good times.
We got some local honey, and some Gyros to bring home for dinner.
9/28 - Kasey had morning game. Girls played a little older team and played well. Kasey got a 2 hits from pitch and ran well. No outs this week, but girls played pretty well.
We went to have early lunch at Elkas where we haven't been in a while. Then we went home so Greg could shower and head to the airport. He was heading to Arkansas on charter flight for the A&M game. Greg and Doug went.
There was storm coming and we wanted to go to the store. After trying to get kids to go for a while telling them it was going to rain we finally left. Of course it was more than just rain it was a down poor that started while we were in the store. We came out, I got the car to pick up the kids. Landon says, if I had known it was going to rain this hard I would have gone earlier. :)
Kids voted that we have Papa Murphy's Pizza for dinner. We went to pick it up and came home to cook for early dinner before the Aggie game. We watched the game for little while and kids went to bed.
9/27 - Greg decided to take Landon and a few friends to the Allen Eagle High school football game. The boys went to Mooyah for dinner and then the game. They got some treats and stayed til half time since the boys don't stay up to late yet. They had a good time though.
Kasey and I went to have some Italian food and came home to hang out with patch before bed.
9/23 - Patch did great overnight in her house (what we call her crate).
Got my stitches out of my toe, and Dr said everything looked great. I can start putting weight on it as it feels ok. Of course it hurts to put pressure on it so I'm not doing much yet.
9/22 - Kids woke up at 6:25 and 6:40 - silly ones. Grammy made us a good breakfast and kids cleaned up and played some more. Gramps went to pick Greg up, and he went to get patch so Grammy and Gramps could meet her. She did well and was really cute.
Greg had been in College Station, and didn't sleep great Sat night. Greg had a very busy afternoon. Took Kasey to BDay party, friend picked up Landon for BDay party, then Greg went to that party. He came home and took Landon to cub scouts. Kasey and I tried to make dinner and take care of patch which was interesting. Kasey took her out, and we had trouble getting her back in. I made simple dinner for the two of us on crutches. Then puppy went pee and poop on the floor so I'm getting on the floor with crutches. Kasey had to take a shower and she wanted me to make sure her hair was rinsed ok. So I locked puppy and I in bedroom while she showered. I'm sitting on the floor again. The puppy gets under the bed to find plastic and several dryer sheets - of course i can't reach her very well. It was a little stressful on me and Kasey to get puppy out of the bedroom.
Then we were ok and read a book before boys came home and it was bedtime. Patch got tired and laid down to rest :)
9/21 - Kasey was supposed to have softball game, but it was rained out. Greg got us packed up and took us to Grammy and Gramps. He was headed to College Station for A&M vs SMU so we are staying with Grammy and Gramps. Kids are having fun playing, making dessert - Landon makes his own creations, & eating freebirds.
We got kids bath/shower early, ordered pizza and watched the Aggies beat SMU.
9/20 - Called Dr because my foot was tingling and had some numbness. They moved my appointment up to Monday and say to keep it elevated and on ice as much as possible.
We went to Grandmas to celebrate aunt Cindy's birthday. We've decided we are going to get a puppy. One was abandoned and has been at Pop's vet clinic for a little bit. She's really cute. mostly white with a black eye and little black on her ear. We have decided to call her Patch. We went through several names - Biscuit, Spot, Bulls Eye, Susie. We think everyone has agreed on Patch. She's about 2 months old so she's very puppy. Kids and Patch got pretty tired chasing each other around the house. Kids are really excited to get a puppy.
They even say they will help feed her, give her water and make sure she goes out.
9/19 - Kasey and the Purple Pixies had their first game of the season. It was pretty warm and muggy, but the girls played great. Kasey got a hit from pitch and got an out. The Pixies got 4 outs total including a stop from pitcher and throw to 1st. Pretty good for 4-5 year olds.
9/16 - tried yesterday to get off Hydrocodone, after football weekend I was pretty sore. I took it over night then this morning took some tylenol. I will probably take more tonight. I'm working from home as much as I can to reduce crutch walking.
9/15 - Landon had baseball game in colony at 9am. We had to be there at 8;15am. Kids got up and we headed out. Landons team had tough time. They are playing up above their level. Landon had a good hit but got picked up quickly. He also had several good stops at 3rd base. We headed home after the game to really rest for the rest of the day. I got to take a nap while Greg took kids to the pool, then we just hung out at the house
9/14 - We got up got showers for everyone and got ready to go. We headed directly to the parking garage where we had a handicapped parking spot. We found a spot near elevators, and with some space for us to set up chairs and eat some lunch. Kids weren't thrilled, kept telling them that mommy breaking her toe messed up a lot of things. After lunch we headed down to go potty and to get ready for long walk to to stadium. I had to basically walk around 1/2 of the stadium to get to the elevator. I went slow, we stopped in the middle, but we made it.
They let me sit down when we go by the elevators. We took the first elevators up to 3rd deck. Everyone went potty and then kids and rested in the shade for a little bit on the stairs. I was pretty tired physically I went up 17 stairs and then scooted down on my butt 5 rows. Then I scooted over to our seats. We were there early enough that I could take my time and not worry about others.
We got to watch good game even though we didn't win over Alabama. We put up most points on them since Saben has been coach so that was good. We stayed til most people were out so I could take my time. Everyone went potty again, then we took the elevators down with no line. Then it was back around the stadium to parking garage. I was pretty tired and had to stop a few times. i got nervous when people got behind me.
Kids kept making loud noises. I think one of them said come on just walk once. Maybe sometime they will understand :)
We finally made it back to the car. We drove to chick fil a for some dinner and headed out of town. Kids ate and pretty much fell asleep pretty fast.
9/13 - Landon got Knight of the week 2nd week of school. We are so proud of him.
In morning went to Dr. He said things looked good. I have to stay off it for 2 weeks and then come back. If I don't will likely have to have surgery again. Don't want that. I have boot, crutches and bandage on foot. They had to cut up my toe a lot to get the really small pins in. He said the screws are that small but the tools aren't that small. hopefully it will heal ok over time. Toe looks good.
We basically picked Landon up from school and drove to College Station. I sat in the back seat with my foot up, kids in very back watching movies and playing games and Greg driving :)
We got to College Station, had quick dinner at Taco Cabana. We had issue getting into house we were staying in but ended up ok. We called my aunt in Conroe to see if we could come stay there if we couldn't get in. We finally got in. Got the kids to bed. The boys went out for a drink.
Kasey started crying upstairs. i was downstairs staying off my foot trying to get her to come out and talk to me. She kept crying. So I crawled up stairs to see what was going on. She had gotten sick all over. So I'm hopping upstairs trying to get her in shower. Tried waking Landon up, took an act of congress to get him to go get my phone downstairs to tell Greg to come home. They had not even finished a beer. I got her a shower, cleaned up a little bit hopping and crawling. Got her some clothes she would wear and back down on the other end of blow up mattress.
Then I scooted back downstairs. Guys got home, Greg cleaned up everything, did wash. Good times. Kasey was fine.
9/10 - It was surgery day for my toe. I took Landon to school. Gave him a heads up that I might be a little loopy in the afternoon because they were putting me to sleep during surgery. He asked if it was the same as when he had surgery which it was. I guess he remembers that.
Kasey's friend Joseph came to pick her up to take her to school so we could get to the hospital. We met Grammy and Gramps there. I got checked in and they took me back. The nurse met us and she laughed at the description they had. Something like fracture of left pinkie toe. apparently it's pretty rare.
Everything got set up, all the nurses were great, They did crutches (or crunches as Kasey calls them) training before surgery which I think was a good thing. They did general anesthesia on me. They started it and wheeled me back to the operating room. I moved tables and was still awake for a little while looking around at lights and as they prepped for everything. Next thing I remember is waking up in recovery. I think it was about quarter til 1 when I woke up. I got some ice and water and felt good. No pain or sore throat. I started feeling my foot a little bit so she recommended I get some pain medication. I agreed. Not to much longer they got me back to room I started in. Dr had talked to Greg and my parents. He said it was unique break. He ended up putting in 2 tiny screws - 1 1/4 mm.
I had to go pee, take first done of pain meds and wait 30 minutes. After that we were free to go. Greg went to get car and Mom and dad went with me to get to the car.
We headed home then. Greg took Kasey to tball/softball practice and Janice stayed with Landon and I. I was still doing pretty well. I typically don't like taking any kind of drugs even Tylenol unless I really have to so taking Hydrocodone was not top of my list. After several people on facebook saying that it's best to keep taking pain meds and stay on top of the pain because if it starts hurting its much harder to control. Ok, I wasn't seeing crazy effects from medicine so I kept taking it like I should :)
The 4 of us had dinner at table together. Kids got baths, we read a book, and then Greg got them to bed.
Greg and I watched US soccer team game against Mexico. US won 2 to 0. and then Honduras won as well so the US qualified for World Cup! YEA
9/8 - After another great night on air mattress, we got up, headed to Cracker barrell for a good breakfast before heading home. Kasey was pretty whiny so the waiter brought her a biscuit with apple butter. I remember eating and loving apple butter as a little girl. Yum! I was supposed to leave for Brazil, but didn't because of my foot.
on the way home, Greg drove, I napped, and kids watched movies, read and played games. We were all pretty tired when we got home so we didn't do to much!
9/7 - of course after going to bed late, Kasey woke up about 6:20am in the morning. We slowly got up, all of us got showers, had small breakfast then we headed out to the Chicken. Kids played (without money) a shooting arcade game, Landon built things with dominoes, and then we played dominoes. Good times.
After that we headed to do a little shopping off campus then headed to campus. Greg dropped kids and I off near stadium and went to park because of my foot. Kids and I went into bookstore. We found inexpensive football helmet for Landon to wear for halloween. He's going to be Johnny Football. Kasey also got a dress.
then we headed to the stadium. We were pretty early and decided to go near the field to watch team going on field. Landon was playing football in the grass with some older boys and Kasey was just playing around. We got to see the team including Johnny Football. Then we walked up to our seats for the game.
We also forgot all the rain gear we have and of course it rained almost first half of the game. Of course that means the temp dropped about 20 degrees to like 82. I will take light rain and 82 over 102 any day.
kids did pretty good, but got a little restless wanting treats. Aggies won and it was overall good game. Both kids fell alseep in the car before we even left campus. It was a night game so it was pretty late.
Doug was getting up early to head back for soccer game and Greg and I were tired so we just hung out at the house and had a few beers.
9/6 - No baseball or softball so we are heading to College Station for the weekend. I worked from home Friday, we picked Landon up from school and left pretty quick from there. We got into town, dropped our stuff where we are staying, and then headed to Wings N more for dinner. One of our favorites, and it wasn't to long of a wait. Afterwards, I took the kids back to get in bed, and Greg and Doug went to watch US soccer qualifier.
Kids were on air mattress together - unfortunately we forgot several things on this trip like extra mattress, sleeping bags, contact solution etc. At first they were ok, but after a few hours they started bugging each other and didn't want to sleep together. What does this mean, Landon slept in the bed with Greg and I got to sleep on the air mattress with Kasey. YEA
After I went to bed, Kasey curled up next to me which I thought was sweet. At one point, she says "its to loud" referring to Greg's snoring :) Made me laugh
9/3 - Greg and Landon rode bikes to school. Greg let Landon ride home by himself as Greg drove in car.
Today was Kasey's first day of PreK. It's her last year of preschool. Some of the other moms were crying. We were excited for her and glad that she was comfortable to just go into class. She has a few friends in her class and even more friends in stay and play. She does Stay and Play until 2pm on T/Th so Greg can work those days and she will be able to take phonics. We have told her about it and her summary is that they will teach her to read. Will be interesting how quickly she picks up sounds and words.
She said she had a great day and liked her teacher. She was very excited that she ate her whole lunch -she gets to have lunch when she goes to stay and play.
9/2 - We let Landon ride his bike around the block by himself. Was a little nervous but he did great. After that, we went over to Juan's and Marisa's for some Labor day swimming. Kids had fun playing in their new pool with Doug. We cooked out some burgers, brats and hot dogs
9/1 - Landon had morning baseball tournament game. Team didn't do to well for some reason. Landon wasn't hitting very well. hopefully we can get the boys motivated to work together.
After tournament we came home for boys to shower and headed to lunch.
That afternoon Greg and I took kids to Grammy and Gramps to play and have dinner while Greg and I went to see End of the World. We both thought it was really funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment