5/31 - Today was Landon's last day of kindergarten. I can't believe I have a 1st grader. He did really well in school this year, got into the gifted and talented program, did well on report cards, got to have a speaking part in the end of year program, performed in the talent show singing take me out to the ballgame. We really liked his teacher Mrs Savitch, and his teacher really liked Landon as well. He went the entire year without getting his folder signed which I think it pretty unique.
5/29 - Coming out of a 3 day weekend I had to work and then go to a work dinner that night. Of course the kids didn't like that, but we had good work visit even though it was outside and I think over 90 degrees.
5/28 - Greg came back Sunday evening and kids were glad to see him. We took it easy in the morning and then went to the neighborhood pool for a while. I think we were the only ones there for a little while.
5/27 - We got up and went to get donuts that we haven't had in a long time. Kids enjoyed that. We ran some more errands that day. In the afternoon we went to get the kids hair cut - they both needed one so we dropped into Cool Cuts. I had been joking with Landon about spiking his hair up some, and so we asked the lady. She took some gel stuff and spiked his hair up in the front. He really liked it.
5/26 - Landon woke up that morning and asked to do one of the legos he got for his birthday. I told him he could. He put together the Star Wars 8-14 year old Tie Fighter in 2 hours. He also got dressed and ate breakfast in that time. He really likes his legos, and does them completely on this own.
We decided to do some shopping, and so I asked Grammy to go to Kohls with us. We had fun getting some clothes for the kids and I. We even got a few things for Greg for fathers day. We spent more money than we should have, but we had a good time and got some fun new clothes. That afternoon the kids had a birthday party for one of Landon's friends at a pool. So I took both kids. I kept up with Kasey while keeping an eye on Landon. It was tiring, but we had a good time. Kids enjoyed the water and friends.
5/25 - This morning timing not as good for some reason. We were running late getting out the door. Landon got there 2 minutes before school started which is pretty late for us. I took Kasey to Grandma. On they way I had another independent discussion with Kasey. She said that her and Landon could stay by themselves when Greg and I went out of town. I asked her how she would get food. She said they would fly in a rocket ship. I'm so looking forward to her as a teenager.
Then I headed back to help out at Landon's field day. I remember field day as being competition and always having tug o war. This was a little different. Fun activities - grab the flag, twister, simple kickball, donut bumpers, several water activities, volleyball with beach balls. Kids seem to have fun which is I guess what matters.
Then I headed to Kasey's soccer tots because it was her first class and I haven't been to one of her soccer tots classes. Coach T was teaching this class, and since Kasey had taken before she go to demonstrate everything for the other kids. She seems to be doing well and enjoying it.
Then I headed home to work for the afternoon on some key stuff, and then I took Lady to Grandma/Pops for dinner and shot for Lady. We got to have strawberry/pretzel salad
5/24 - Did pretty good again, everything on time. Landon to school, Kasey to school, all teachers gifts done for Kasey's last day of 2s at AppleCreek. I stayed up late making fudge for everyone and writing thank you notes to go with gift cards.
Landon went to Liam's house after school and Grammy took Kasey to swim and play.
5/23 - I got up in time, lunch and kids packed. Landon to school on time, Kasey to Grammy. I forgot breakfast for me, and didn't bring pajamas to change into at Grammy's. Pretty good I would say. Grammy kept Kasey and picked up Landon from school. I headed over after work for some Uncle Julios and Hershey Bar Pie. Landon says that's his favorite thing ever - if it has no nuts and no crust.
5/22 - Landon had his Kindergarten review today. It was very cute. Grammy, Greg and I got to go. The kids sang some songs, They told us everything they learned in kindergarten (Landon got a speaking part). It was sweet. Afterwards we gave Landon's teacher Mrs Savitch her end of year gift. We got her a fun bag, beach towel, big cute cup, a book made by the kids with their favorite thing about kindergarten, and 2 gift cards from the class. The book front had all of the kids fingerprints on it made into little animals. I think she liked them.
Later that day they had kindergarten end of year party. Kids got pizza, cookie cake, and popcicles. I helped get set up some, helped serve food including cookie cake that I got black icing all over my hands. Kids had fun and it was neat to see everyone. Kasey and Greg didn't get to go. Kasey lost the privilege to go because she threw a huge fit the night before at bed time.
After the party most people checked their kids out of school. Several of us went to the neighborhood pool. I was working that afternoon, but thought it would be fun to spend an hour or so at the pool. It was well worth it. Love the families and kids in our neighborhood. Landon's teacher told me she thought he was very sweet and very smart. That made me proud!
that night we got some Macaroni Grill - Greg went to his softball game then pretty much left town for the rest of the week. Greg and Doug went to Big 12 Baseball Tournament in Oklahoma. Lots to do, but we're handling it ok. Kids do seem to miss Greg though.
5/20 - We had Landon's friend party today at Cosmic Jump. We had 24 kids. They got to jump and run around for an hour, then have a little bit of Darth Vader and R2D2 cakes. Kids had fun and we got picture of all of them together - I think we had all of them :) Landon seemed to have fun, but they were pretty tired. It was also fun catching up with some friends from Landon's preschool that we haven't seen for a while. Grammy was there as well to help out and see everything. Everyone seemed to like the cakes.
Kasey came up to me when I'm Sexy and I know it came on at the place. She says Mommy that's the song on your Kindle. Yep it is :)
5/19 - I told Landon to go look at cakes and see what he thought. He came running in to give me a hug and tell me they were awesome. That makes it worth all the work. I also love having the creative outlet, but it's a lot of work for Greg and I.
We measured the kids heights on their growth charts. Landon is 4 feet tall - can't believe it. Kasey is 40 inches tall.
5/18 - I went to work out in the morning then came home to shower and get started on the cake decorating. I got about 1/2 of Darth Vader done before we had to go to baseball game. Before they left, Landon wasn't thrilled with what I was doing. I had to make a small repair with icing and he didn't like it. By the time he came back from lunch (Greg took them to give me a little peace for a little while) he thought it was awesome.
We went to probably Landon's last baseball game of the season. They have another makeup, but we likely won't be here. All of the boys on baseball team go to Norton Elementary. Their principle (Mrs Smith) came to this game. They boys played well, and they got to have their picture with her at the end of the game. Landon got an out and hit pretty well too.
After the game we had end of season party at bowling alley. Of course on the way out the door Greg accidentally hit a corner with the cake board and many cupcakes fell on the floor. This of course put me into tears, but it turned out just fine. Obviously he didn't mean to.
Kids had fun bowling - little chaotic, but siblings got to play too. Then the team presented Greg and I with nice gift certificate for Watters Creek (area with restaurants and shops right by us) which we love. Kids got to eat cupcakes, and then Greg gave all of the kids their trophies for the season.
Because we didn't have enough going on, we decided to head to Taste of Addison right after the party. We've gone every year for as long as I can remember and we really wanted to go. We had some food, the kids got to ride some rides, and then Greg left to go to FC Dallas game. Kids and I stayed a little longer. They really wanted to play in the water and I had brought clothes for them to change into. I assumed they would run around in their clothes and change. Kasey on the other hand wanted to run around in her underwear (or without it, but I wouldn't give in that much). So I had a 3 year old running around in white underwear and Landon was in black shorts so he was ok. They had fun, but didn't want to go of course. They ate some watermellon and played hard. Then we were going to change quick and go home, but of course they had to go potty so we had to wait in long line for ladies room.
It was later then we should have stayed so I asked them to rest on the way home. Of course they didn't. They went to be pretty fast when we got home.
I took a fast shower and cleaned up to get ready for evening of cake decorating. I finished Darth Vader about the time Greg got home from game, and then started R2D2 (maybe 10:30ish). I finished R2D2 about 12:30am. I think they both turned out well. It was bedtime for sure.
5/17 - Landon turned 6 years old today. I got to take him to school in the morning. At school he got to wear a birthday crown, and all of the kids drew a picture for his birthday - it's called birthday book. It was cute. Landon even did one and drew Darth Vader. There were a few girls pictures holding hands with hearts :) That night we had soccer end of season party at Purple Cow. Landon got to have purple milkshake. He got trophy from coach. Then the kids got to run around at splash park. They loved it and of course didn't want to leave. Overall I think Landon had a good birthday. On his birthday he got to open his Tie fighter Lego which he was excited about. Day after he got to open cards from family including a card that had Darth Vader that he got to make from Grammy and Gramps.
We made cupcakes in shape of baseball mit and 2 baseballs for Knights baseball team end of season party. I finished them in time to be able to go to girls night out which was fun. Landon had a school carnival that night or we were going to go to taste of addison. Both kids were really tired and grumpy so we stayed home for dinner. We'll get the carnival other years :)
Greg made Darth Vader and R2D2 cakes while I was at girls night. He was pretty tired when I got home after making 48 cupcakes, 2 cakes and 3 sets of icing.
I had picked Kasey up to come home. On the way home she asked if she could go home by herself. I said she was to young to stay by herself. Then she asked if she could drive. I said she had to be 16 to be able to drive. She said so when I'm like 5? I again told her 16. She told me she could drive. She did with little toy car at home. Oh My!!!
5/15 - From AppleCreek picnic/auction we won having the Storylady (Preschool owner who dresses up in costume and tells some stories really well). She read 3 stories to Kasey's class with some props. Kasey seemed to really enjoy it.
5/13 - We had lunch at Abuelos for mother's day with Greg's mom, grandmother, sister and aunt and uncle. Then we headed home to prepare for family birthday for Landon. We had the family over for dinner (BBQ) and cupcakes for a Star Wars Party. Landon dressed up like Darth vader. He had asked me on Saturday if I would get him Darth Vader light saber because that's what he really wanted. Kasey responded - Oh, Grammy got that for you. Silly girl. Landon had a good time. He got several legos and is very excited about building them this summer. We are trying to space them out some so he actually has some to build this summer.
5/12 - We got rained out for baseball so we had a day without. Luckily that meant we got to go to Elizabeth Steiner's birthday party which was fun to see kids running around and several sorority sisters and a few people from work. Landon and Luke did a lot of Ninja roughhousing. The girls and guys (kids) did some dancing and running around. Good times.
5/10 - Kasey had her school end of year party. The kids had snacks, we got to read to them, then made rainbow fish with lots of glue, tissue paper and sparkling stones. Kasey had fun. Then one of the moms read The story of the rainbow fish which was cute. After that the kids each got a little sand bucket and shovel and a magnet with their class picture in it. Then the kids sang the jump up and down song and got their backpacks to go. We love the jump up and down song - they sing the song and actually jump up and down in the middle of the circle then go get their backpack.
That evening Landon had Fine Arts night at his school. The kids sang 3 songs - of course we ran out of battery on both video and regular camera. It was cute though. They sang a few songs with hand motions then, they did song where they did stuff with parachutes then they did a song with musical instruments.
After that the kids went to cafeteria to do some art projects with the ART club. Fun things to do. Grammy, Gramps, Grandma and us got to do this with Landon. It was fun to see.
5/7 - Kasey's eye was better today. She had to go to eye doctor a few times for blocked tear duct. We had to do drops, massage her eye and put warm wash cloth on 3x a day. Kasey didn't like it, but we got through it.
5/6 - the kids were at Grandparents, but Greg wanted to get up and ride his bike. I slept in until after 8:30. I never get to do that. We went to Blue Mesa with my parents for Mothers Day. They have an amazing brunch so it was yummy and good to hang out a little.
5/5 - We had a busy day. overlapping soccer and baseball games. Landon left after 3rd quarter for baseball. He had a good run and shot, but didn't get goal. He was proud of his good play though.
Then Landon has party in the afternoon similar to what he will have - At jump place with Star Wars Theme. Darth Vader even showed up. Landon said he wanted to dress up for his party :) Kids went to grandparents because I had work party to go to. It was outside and pretty warm. Most of the guys wore long sleeve shirts and pants. It cooled off though. Everyone brought appetizers and it was good.
5/4 - I volunteered at Landon's school for World culture day. I was kind of random volunteer so I ended up manning the Poland booth and stamping kids passports. It was fun though. I was going to work after school, but one of the moms asked us to go to the pool so we did. Landon had not been back in the pool since last year so he was a little rusty. He had fun though.
No comments:
Post a Comment