To see pictures we took - click here
To see pictures from Grammy and Gramps - click here
11/28
Kasey turned 2 years old today. I can't believe it! We had a pretty low key day. Greg went and got donuts for breakfast, we started putting up the Christmas decorations. Then we headed for lunch at Snuffers. Needless to say most of us were tired. Kasey, Greg and I took a nap in the afternoon, but we're not sure Landon ever went to sleep. We finished putting up the Christmas decorations and went to super salad for dinner. Kasey loves Apple juice - a little to much. We didn't really let her have it much at all until recently and when she gets it she'll drink as much as you will give her.
She still drinks soy milk. We have tried giving her some milk and cheese, but it still seems to give her runs and brings back eczema. Kasey is starting to talk more. She says several 2-3 word phrases. Several of them include mommy or daddy and something else. Like when she saw the bumblebee cake for the first time. I was holding her and she kept saying - Daddy bumblebee, Daddy bumblebee. She will try to repeat a lot of things that Landon says - so far that's ok :) Kasey is in a stage that she doesn't like taking baths or changing clothes. A lot of times she throws a fit with either of these scenarios. Which makes it fun when getting her ready for pictures or birthday parties. I'm assuming this is a phase.
Kasey is wearing mainly 2T clothes, but some 3T. She likes shoes and boots, and I think has more shoes than I do. Of course she would rather be bare foot even if it's cold. She doesn't like to take naps, but she still needs them (nap times vary from 30 minutes to 3 hours). Typically she goes to bed about 8:30 and gets up between 8 and 8:30.
Kasey calls my mom Mimi (she's Grammy to everyone else). She also knows Greg's dad's name - Pops. She won't say Grandma (Greg's mom) or Gramps (my dad) yet, but knows who they are and recognizes their names.
Kasey is a pretty good eater, but not always. Often she likes proteins more than anything. She will eat peas, cucumber and avacado. All other vegetables she will eat sometimes but not others. She loves fruit. She's not a big dessert kid, but will eat treats. The grandmothers have commented that she'll eat a cracker or a cookie.
Kasey is going to 2 Gymboree classes a week. She goes to the regular Gymboree class and a music class. As much as she loves music at home we thought she would love it, but she kind of tunes out.
Kasey is very competitive with Landon. For everything from toys to who opens the door or who gets out of the bath first.
Every once in a while Kasey wants to try and pee pee on the potty. Doesn't actually go much, but it's a start.
11/27 We had Kasey's family birthday party today. We had 18 people at the house which was fun. I had picked a ladybug theme because I found some cute party supplies with sweet Ladybugs with pink. It ended up that what I picked didn't have a table cloth so we ended up with and Abby Cadabby table cloth - Kasey really likes Abby. The ladybug cake pan that I bought had ideas for other things to make with the pan like a bumblebee and cute little pink critter. When Kasey saw the other options she said bumblebee (her first 3 syllable word). So I knew I was making a bumblebee. I wasn't sure if I would do lady bug with red and black or the cute little pink critter. We went back and forth, but I ended up doing the cute pink critter since it was different than other cakes I've done before. The both ended up pretty cute.
To see pictures from Grammy and Gramps - click here
11/28
Kasey turned 2 years old today. I can't believe it! We had a pretty low key day. Greg went and got donuts for breakfast, we started putting up the Christmas decorations. Then we headed for lunch at Snuffers. Needless to say most of us were tired. Kasey, Greg and I took a nap in the afternoon, but we're not sure Landon ever went to sleep. We finished putting up the Christmas decorations and went to super salad for dinner. Kasey loves Apple juice - a little to much. We didn't really let her have it much at all until recently and when she gets it she'll drink as much as you will give her.
She still drinks soy milk. We have tried giving her some milk and cheese, but it still seems to give her runs and brings back eczema. Kasey is starting to talk more. She says several 2-3 word phrases. Several of them include mommy or daddy and something else. Like when she saw the bumblebee cake for the first time. I was holding her and she kept saying - Daddy bumblebee, Daddy bumblebee. She will try to repeat a lot of things that Landon says - so far that's ok :) Kasey is in a stage that she doesn't like taking baths or changing clothes. A lot of times she throws a fit with either of these scenarios. Which makes it fun when getting her ready for pictures or birthday parties. I'm assuming this is a phase.
Kasey is wearing mainly 2T clothes, but some 3T. She likes shoes and boots, and I think has more shoes than I do. Of course she would rather be bare foot even if it's cold. She doesn't like to take naps, but she still needs them (nap times vary from 30 minutes to 3 hours). Typically she goes to bed about 8:30 and gets up between 8 and 8:30.
Kasey calls my mom Mimi (she's Grammy to everyone else). She also knows Greg's dad's name - Pops. She won't say Grandma (Greg's mom) or Gramps (my dad) yet, but knows who they are and recognizes their names.
Kasey is a pretty good eater, but not always. Often she likes proteins more than anything. She will eat peas, cucumber and avacado. All other vegetables she will eat sometimes but not others. She loves fruit. She's not a big dessert kid, but will eat treats. The grandmothers have commented that she'll eat a cracker or a cookie.
Kasey is going to 2 Gymboree classes a week. She goes to the regular Gymboree class and a music class. As much as she loves music at home we thought she would love it, but she kind of tunes out.
Kasey is very competitive with Landon. For everything from toys to who opens the door or who gets out of the bath first.
Every once in a while Kasey wants to try and pee pee on the potty. Doesn't actually go much, but it's a start.
11/27 We had Kasey's family birthday party today. We had 18 people at the house which was fun. I had picked a ladybug theme because I found some cute party supplies with sweet Ladybugs with pink. It ended up that what I picked didn't have a table cloth so we ended up with and Abby Cadabby table cloth - Kasey really likes Abby. The ladybug cake pan that I bought had ideas for other things to make with the pan like a bumblebee and cute little pink critter. When Kasey saw the other options she said bumblebee (her first 3 syllable word). So I knew I was making a bumblebee. I wasn't sure if I would do lady bug with red and black or the cute little pink critter. We went back and forth, but I ended up doing the cute pink critter since it was different than other cakes I've done before. The both ended up pretty cute.
We had Tin Star for lunch (we cooked all day), which seems to be a hit. Had good cake, and then let Kasey open presents. Landon gave her an Abby Cadabby doll. She has a Zoe doll (both Sesame street characters) that she calls Abby. Daddy and Kasey go back and forth saying Abby, Zoe. She knows who Abby is when she sees her on tv or a picture, but she thinks the Zoe doll is Abby. So tonight after she got her new Abby doll, we found Zoe and she took it to Daddy saying Zoe. One of the things she got from us was a little baby bed. Kasey put Abby in the baby bed right next to her bed. For a little while she covered Abby up with her blanket, but then took it when she went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment