Saturday, September 12, 2009

Landon's First Day of School, Mommy's Japan trip

Landon's first day of school was Aug 31st. This is for his 3s Preschool class. He goes to school MWF from 8:30-2. I was in Japan so I missed the first day, but I was able to talk to him just after he got home from school



Japan trip

Aug 30th I left for my first international business trip since Kasey was born. I went to Japan for some customer visits.

I'm still breast feeding Kasey so I had to pump while I was in Japan. This was quite interesting. I pumped in the planes on the way there and back (it was pretty bumpy on the way there, but ok on the way home) , I pumped in several trains (some smooth and some not so smooth), and I even pumped in a non air conditioned bathroom at one of the customer sites. Apparently at this one there were 5 Japanese ladies waiting for the bathroom while I was in there. oops. I know it's worth it, and I have no intention of stopping in the near term but I was really ready to come home and stop pumping.

Greg did a great job on his own. He was able to get Kasey to settle down to sleep on her own in the evenings, and she actually started sleeping through the night without waking up early morning. Hopefully this will last...

On Friday after I got back Landon and I were out in the neighborhood doing a few things while Kasey was sleeping. Greg just crashed on the couch. It's hard work taking care of two kiddos.

I didn't bring my camera with me, but I had my new MyTouch 3G phone (new Android phone). I have a very simple data plan on it so I wasn't syncing email or anything so I thought I would try out other features on the phone while in Japan. I decided to take pictures and movies with it.

These are several pictures I took while in Japan: click here

I aparently I turn the phone the wrong way for videos as well...

This is the Shinkansen (bullet train) that we took from Tokyo to Kyoto. This train goes about 186 miles per hour so it took a couple hours to get there. These trains sometimes run 3 minutes apart so they are competing quite a bit with airlines to get around Japan.

This was in the hotel that we stayed in in Kyoto. It was right in the train station, and a nice hotel. This video was Landon's favorite even though I took pictures of trains, trucks and cranes for him. When you walk up to the toilet it lifts the lid for you automatically. It also has a heated seat which I still don't understand for the summer months

This video I took from a cab on the way to the hotel after dinner. This was in Tokyo and very typical what the city looks like at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment