Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Landon's schedule, Kasey first word - Da Da, roadtrip to visit family and other updates

Landon's schedule: We've packed Landon's schedule for the fall. We think it will be fun and hopefully not to busy. He will be going back to AppleCreek Preschool 3 days a week. He did this over the summer and enjoyed it. We hope that some of his friends will be in his class, and we'll find out on Friday. He has class from 8:30 til ~11:30. Then at the school he goes to "Stay and Play" where he eats lunch with other kids and they play outside and just play.

He's also started a soccer skills class with Soccertots. He's going to a location in Richardson recommended by another mom from Landon's preschool. He's in class with his friend down the street Liam, a friend from school Justin, and a friend that was in his 2s class at AppleCreek Asher.

These 4 boys are also signed up for Jr Tball. We found out today that they will be the Chicago Cubs team and the first practice is next Wednesday. Unfortunately I'll miss it because I'll be in Japan. It should be interesting. I assume we'll have practices on Wednesdays and games on Sat or Sunday. We are very anxious to see the schedule to determine if we'll have to miss any games because of Aggie football games.

I'm organizing weekly playdates in the area. We go to different parks near us to play for about an hour on Tuesday nights. Kasey and Greg come with us sometimes. We've had up to 10 families that come so it's fun for the kids to get energy out and play together.

Here are some pictures of the playdates this year - we started in June - click here

Landon is also in a 30 minute swim class a week. He's graduated to the advanced aquatots class and is doing very well. They will start working on skill with arms and kicking in this class.


8/25/09 - Kasey started saying Da Da. Very sweet. I think everyone has heard her say Hi, and a few of us have heard her say Ma Ma. I consider Da Da her first word though because it seemed most deliberate. See video at the bottom of the post.



Our backyard patio project is finally complete. They started it on July 22nd and finished it Aug 25th. We are happy with the work they did. It's good quality, but the scheduling and communication was not good at all. They would just show up to work on it, or say they were going to show up and didn't. Anyway, I think we'll get a lot of use out of it.

here are pictures from start to finish of the project - click here

Kasey has also started biting for some reason. It really hurts. I have have bruises on my arm. We'll have to work on that one.

8/23/09 - Kasey started being able to pinch cheerios between her thumb and forefinger and put them in her mouth. Pretty good considering she was exhausted from the weekend trip :)

8/21-23/09 - We went to visit my mom's side of the family near Conroe Texas. We had a good time seeing family and having them get to know Kasey some more. Landon had a great time playing with his cousins (of all ages). Kasey did great. I remember when we would go down when Landon was young Greg or I would need to be near him almost all of the time because that's what he was comfortable with. Kasey would hang out with everyone, and although she was very tired she was a trooper and smiled lots. Saturday we went to Incredible Pizza, with his cousins Haley, Ashlyn and Marisela. I left early to attend a sorority function in College Station, but they had a great time. Greg and Landon even won a go cart race and got a first place ribbon.

Here are pictures from the visit - we took a bunch :) click here




8/16/09 - We celebrated Grandma's birthday by having dinner at Abuelos and then going back to our house for German chocolate cake that Greg made. Janice has figured out a recipe to make it so that it doesn't have cows milk in it (so I can eat it). It's awesome and always one of my favorites.

Here are some pictures from Grandma's birthday -
click here

8/15/09 - We set up a "playdate" for the 4 families on our street with young kiddos. We went to a local pool where they have a wonderful play area for the little ones. Here are some pictures - click here

No comments:

Post a Comment